Train Tour with ECV

marthachick

Traveling Grammy
Someone in our group will be using an ECV for the majority of the trip. He can walk at home but for the long distances at WDW we rented an ECV. We are doing the Train Tour. Will he be OK using the ECV or is there somewhere he can park it while we do the tour. And how much walking is involved? We did KTTK on our last trip and were wondering if the walking distance is comparable? TIA!

We are doing the train tour and my DH will be using an ECV. We found a video on YouTube that showed the whole tour. Here is a link:
There was one person on an ECV. They walked up the ramp to get to the train station at the main entrance and then he parked his ECV. You take the train back to the round house and they give a close up tour of the trains and stuff then you take the train back to the main entrance of the park at which time he could get back on the ECV. The rest of the tour is either in the train station or at the main building next store where the Mickey M&G is. You can take a w/c on the train but not an ECV. I hope that helps.

Hello, lambdabeta. Thank you for the video.

We are doing the train tour and my DH will be using an ECV. We found a video on YouTube that showed the whole tour. Here is a link:
There was one person on an ECV. They walked up the ramp to get to the train station at the main entrance and then he parked his ECV. You take the train back to the roundhouse and they give a close-up tour of the trains and stuff then you take the train back to the main entrance of the park at which time he could get back on the ECV. The rest of the tour is either in the train station or at the main building next store where the Mickey M&G is. You can take a w/c on the train but not an ECV. I hope that helps.

I have a Periscope of the Behind the Scenes Train tour taken last week. If you direct message me I will forward a link to it. I have to admit I don’t recall a space for a ECV. There is a disabled ramp next to city hall to get you to the 2 nd level of the Depot. If they can transfer into a seat on the train it will help. I am afraid that person will not be able to get off the train at the depot. There are no ramps for an ECV there. I believe you should call Disney and ask them in case there is some type of ramp they can place.

I have a Periscope of the Behind the Scenes Train tour taken last week. If you direct message me I will forward a link to it. I have to admit I don’t recall a space for a ECV. There is a disabled ramp next to city hall to get you to the 2 nd level of the Depot. If they can transfer into a seat on the train it will help. I am afraid that person will not be able to get off the train at the depot. There are no ramps for an ECV there. I believe you should call Disney and ask them in case there is some type of ramp they can place.
There actually is no space for an ECV on the train. It has space for a wheelchair only. If on an ECV you would have to transfer to a wheelchair or the train. My DH did this last year when we took the train. He rode his ECV up to the platform. Parked it. Got on the train and rode it completely from main street station to main street station. The video I already linked to this thread shows someone in an ECV in the beginning of the video but then shows them using a cane during the part of the tour at the round house. The OP said the person can walk so I think they will be fine using the ECV to get to the station and then walk for the round house part of the tour. My DH and I will be taking the same tour and he will be doing the same thing for the same reasons. He will be on an ECV but can walk with a cane just not the distances needed to do WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter