Trainer for a day - Discovery Cove

I think I'll ask them when the time gets closer. I think I'll save my money for two years now. maybe then the booking will be available from online, too. :D

I am thinking of surprising DH with this package, but am not sure. It sounds a little too structured, but then a pp said it was over at 3pm, giving us 2.5 hours on our own at the end. Is 2.5 hours enough to explore the lazy river and Tropical Snorkel area? The dolphins, lazy river and tropical snorkel area are the three things we would be interested in most. Also, DH has a mobility disability. He will be using a wheelchair, but can walk with canes. He cannot do stairs well. Would he be able to get around the back areas? What do you think?
Thanks for any information you have!

The swap the programme around a bit, but the last time I did this, there was a huge amount of stairs involved as we were looking at the filtration systems. Some of the backstage areas are also quite tricky even if you don't have mobility issues. I would not recommend this for anybody with mobility issues. The official statement from the Discovery Cove website is:
"Trainer for a Day" participants must be in good physical condition and at least 6 years old.

Corinna

They have changed this around a couple of times, but you always got interactions with other animals as well.

Corinna

A lot depends on when you want to go. I just had a look in September and the normal dolphin swim package starts at $199 and TFAD starts at $398.

Corinna

A lot depends on when you want to go. I just had a look in September and the normal dolphin swim package starts at $199 and TFAD starts at $398.

Corinna

Probably can use the $200 difference as a rule of thumb then against whatever price the Dolphin Swim package is.

Makes for an expensive day though. Costs more for for that than a 10-day ticket to WDW... times however many people...

Is TFAD really worth the extra $200? I've found some older reviews but wanted to make sure the program was still the same.

Is TFAD really worth the extra $200? I've found some older reviews but wanted to make sure the program was still the same.

My friend did this last November and said her dd loved it. We are doing it on June 11th (I sure hope the new SeaAdventure is included!) and I'll post here.

Has Seaworld discountinued the Dolphin Swim? We would love to do TFTD but with 5 of us thats nearly $2500:eek:. I went to the SW site and cant get a price page or reservation page for the cheaper Swim. Anybody know why? If they still have it how far out should I book? We will be there late May early June next year. We are on the Dream June 1 2011

Thanks!

Has Seaworld discountinued the Dolphin Swim? We would love to do TFTD but with 5 of us thats nearly $2500:eek:. I went to the SW site and cant get a price page or reservation page for the cheaper Swim. Anybody know why? If they still have it how far out should I book? We will be there late May early June next year. We are on the Dream June 1 2011

Thanks!

As far as I am aware Seaworld in Orlando never had a dolphin swim. Seaworld San Diego has a Dolphin Interaction Programme. Seaworld Orlando has the Marine Mammal Keeper experience, Dolphin Spotlight Tour and Beluga Interaction Programme.

Discovery Cove has the dolphin swim, a non-dolphin swim package and Trainer for a Day.

Corinna

As far as I am aware Seaworld in Orlando never had a dolphin swim. Seaworld San Diego has a Dolphin Interaction Programme. Seaworld Orlando has the Marine Mammal Keeper experience, Dolphin Spotlight Tour and Beluga Interaction Programme.

Discovery Cove has the dolphin swim, a non-dolphin swim package and Trainer for a Day.

Corinna

My bad. I was refering to Discovery Cove. I thought the cove was a section of the park.

Maybe the site is glitching because I can get reservations for TFTD but not dolphin swim.

My bad. I was refering to Discovery Cove. I thought the cove was a section of the park.

Maybe the site is glitching because I can get reservations for TFTD but not dolphin swim.

What dates are you looking for and for how many people? I just did a search for one person and had no problem getting any date for the dolphin swim package.

Corinna

What dates are you looking for and for how many people? I just did a search for one person and had no problem getting any date for the dolphin swim package.

Corinna

Thanks for going and checking for me! I just went back and there now is a link and when I use it I can find dates and prices for June 2012:thumbsup2. Yesterday I could pull up the description but the link was gone.:confused3

Thanks again:)

Thanks for going and checking for me! I just went back and there now is a link and when I use it I can find dates and prices for June 2012:thumbsup2. Yesterday I could pull up the description but the link was gone.:confused3

Thanks again:)

Sounds like a glitch. I am glad that you could find it now.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter