Trans guy hoping to work at Disney

disneydude01

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm a transgender male and was hoping to one day do the collage program where you work in Disney. I was wondering about if they would have to use my legal name on my name tag and how working at Disney as a trans male would change my experience overall. Any feedback would be lovely!! <3

As far as I know, your name tag can be anything you wish to be called. I see all kinds of nick-names on the badges.

Welcome to the DIS Boards!

Hi! I'm a transgender male and was hoping to one day do the collage program where you work in Disney. I was wondering about if they would have to use my legal name on my name tag and how working at Disney as a trans male would change my experience overall. Any feedback would be lovely!! <3

You will be able to put your chosen name on your name tag. Just make sure when you apply that you are up front if you have not had your legal name changed yet as a background check is run on all CPs including finger prints. I'm not sure when the best time to bring it up would be. I would guess before you get to Orlando but after accepting the position.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!