Trans. Report: American Airlines, LaQuinta Shuttle, Happy Limo

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
Just got back from Disney cruises #24, 25, and 26 (we did three in a row), so here is my report on our transporation experiences:
We used American Airlines out of O'Hare. We usually take ATA, but AA's prices were better this time. Since we were gone so many days, we took a limo rather than parking at Avistar because the cost was the same. Lines were minimal at O'Hare (we flew out on a Weds. afternoon), and the flight was uneventful until we reached the Orlando area. We had to divert 50 miles for a different landing approach due to storms, and then we had to sit on the tarmac for 45 minutes because the lightning had made it unsafe for the ground crews to be out. On the way home, things were smooth all the way, although they managed to break the handle on one of our bags. We had an 11:30 flight going home, so we were early enough at MCO to avoid any major lines, and AA had a separate check-in area for passengers going to Chicago and St. Louis (I have no idea why). We managed to score exit rows both times.
We stayed at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in the MCO area the night before our cruise and used their free shuttle. We really lucked out, as it happened to be in the area when we called. It was a tight squeeze, as we had to crowd in with a group of conventioneers, but we were on our way within 5 minutes of my call (you can call for your ride on one of the free direct phones in the baggage claim area).
We used Happy Limo for our transporation to and from Port Canaveral. I was a little paranoid this trip due to our early flight home, but they were right on time. As an added bonus, they sent a gorgeous new stretch limo for the ride home, so hubby and I spent the time on the drive watching the flat screen t.v.
All in all, a smooth trip transportation-wise, just like I like it!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Do you get Happy Limo from the airport or your hotel? I was just wondering, because I have booked them and on my documents it said that I have to call them once we reach the airport and then they will come and pick us up. They say this is because of 9/11. I just wanted to know how long it takes them after we call.

Thanks for the help.

We used them from the hotel, but when we've had them pick us up at the airport in the past, it was only a few minutes before they brought the car around. I saw a report on this board recently mentioning that the driver was waiting inside, so it's possible they will be in there.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter