Transfer money to Suntrust bank account

zavandor

DIS Veteran
Hi have just opened a bank account at the Suntrust bank, to pay MF and have a debit card to pay expenses when on holiday.
Anyone who has an account as well can suggest the best way to transfer money?
They charge 30$ to receive international bank transfers.
To receive money from Paypal it's free, but I cannot find how to add a USA bank account to my Paypal account (not sure if it's possible).
Anyone tried a service like Transferwise?

Thanks in advance for any tip!

Chris and Pooh

Ukchrisuk
Hi

I am fortunate to have the Paypal facility which you speak of and use this method exclusively, however this is effectively a legacy as Paypal withdrew this facility for Brits who did not already have accounts registered but they are apparently re-introducing it. It might be worthwhile speaking to them

Face Like Fizz

Mouseketeer
We recently used HiFX to transfer money for a resale contract. The exchange rate was reasonable and there was no fee. I believe however they do charge a £9 fee if you are transferring less than £3000.

• cathydisneynut

I Love My Mac!
    I use X E Trade to transfer funds to my US bank. Rate is a few cents off mid market rates, but there are no fees and I have transferred as little as £20.

zavandor

DIS Veteran
    It's possible to add the USA bank account, but I had to call, it's not possible to do it online.

gavvy

DIS Veteran
    I used to use Xe - I now use transferwise- they charge a fee but a better rate than XE - so works out almost the same maybe slightly better- except they accept cards online so no hassle with bank transfers.

Topcashback offer £10 on first transfer too!

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates