Transfer money to Suntrust bank account

zavandor

DIS Veteran
Hi have just opened a bank account at the Suntrust bank, to pay MF and have a debit card to pay expenses when on holiday.
Anyone who has an account as well can suggest the best way to transfer money?
They charge 30$ to receive international bank transfers.
To receive money from Paypal it's free, but I cannot find how to add a USA bank account to my Paypal account (not sure if it's possible).
Anyone tried a service like Transferwise?

Thanks in advance for any tip!

Hi

I am fortunate to have the Paypal facility which you speak of and use this method exclusively, however this is effectively a legacy as Paypal withdrew this facility for Brits who did not already have accounts registered but they are apparently re-introducing it. It might be worthwhile speaking to them

We recently used HiFX to transfer money for a resale contract. The exchange rate was reasonable and there was no fee. I believe however they do charge a £9 fee if you are transferring less than £3000.

I use X E Trade to transfer funds to my US bank. Rate is a few cents off mid market rates, but there are no fees and I have transferred as little as £20.

It's possible to add the USA bank account, but I had to call, it's not possible to do it online.

I used to use Xe - I now use transferwise- they charge a fee but a better rate than XE - so works out almost the same maybe slightly better- except they accept cards online so no hassle with bank transfers.

Topcashback offer £10 on first transfer too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter