Transferring a Reservation???

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
Can you transfer a reservation from one DVC member to another as long as the receiving member has enough points? TIA

Can you transfer a reservation from one DVC member to another as long as the receiving member has enough points? TIA
No. But you can put the reservation in their name and they can either pay you for it or transfer the points for it to your membership.

It would be a cancel and rebook. I have 3 UYs, and there is no way for me to even accomplish it When I have part of a stay on one membership and part on the other.

Call MS, with both you and the other person on a conference call.
They can handle both the cancellation and rebooking without issues.
I have done this with other members.
Be sure to explain what you want to do before doing anything so that MS understands and if they state they can not do it, ask for a supervisor.

Call MS, with both you and the other person on a conference call.
They can handle both the cancellation and rebooking without issues.
I have done this with other members.
Be sure to explain what you want to do before doing anything so that MS understands and if they state they can not do it, ask for a supervisor.

If there is no availability left, they are not Supposed to be doing that. It Completely circumvents the entire process of waitlists and first come, first serve,

I am surprised you have had success when nothing was still there.

If there is no availability left, they are not Supposed to be doing that. It Completely circumvents the entire process of waitlists and first come, first serve,

I am surprised you have had success when nothing was still there.
IMHO, you are not circumventing any rules.
You are canceling and rebooking just like if someone cancels a reservation and someone else books it before the wait list process runs.
You are just doing so quicker than letting the reservation hit the online screen. There is the possibility that from the time you cancel and before the reservation is booked by MS someone online looking for that reservation could grab it or part of it.
My process is not a guarantee that it will work, just a faster process.

Last edited:
You are canceling and rebooting just like if someone cancels a reservation and someone else books it before the wait list process runs.
You are just doing so quicker than letting the reservation hit the online screen. There is the possibility that from the time you cancel and before the reservation is booked by MS someone online looking for that reservation could grab it or part of it.
Yes and no. If the reservation was booked during the owners priority window, and the receiving member doesn't own at the resort, it circumvents home resort priority rules.

Yes and no. If the reservation was booked during the owners priority window, and the receiving member doesn't own at the resort, it circumvents home resort priority rules.
The person I would transfer to has the same home resort and even same use year

The person I would transfer to has the same home resort and even same use year

If it is a cancel and rebook, then all the nights need to still be available OR no waitlist in place.

But, one member can’t transfer a reservation to another without that cancel and rebook. When I just sold my BWV contract, I had reservations booked with those points done at other resorts, I asked to have the. Transferred to me other membership but it wasn’t allowed unless I wanted to risk the cancel and rebook. I ended up having to borrow points from my SSR contract in that same membership, book a dummy reservation, cancel it, and then reallocate the points so that my BWV points would be freed up.

You are canceling and rebooting just like if someone cancels a reservation and someone else books it before the wait list process runs.

i misunderstood then, If it is a cancel and rebook, then it’s not a transfer of the reservation. The nights will go back and the CM will have to try to book them again for the new member.

If that is what you meant...that the CM could try for them faster than online, then yes. But, if there is a waitlist in place,, those nights will be lost.

I still think the easiest was to do this is to have the receiving member just transfer the points into your account, especially if it is same resort and use year. Then simply change the names on the existing reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter