Transferring points in with different use year?

Thanks! This was able to work for me (purchased transferred points for 2020 and 2019 UY; banked the 2019 UY points to use in 2020).

About maintaining their resort... if I transfer in points from a different resort than mine, do I get 11 month home resort advantage with them?

Yes, those transferred points retain home resort and can be used only there at 11 months. It would not allow your other points to be used that way

Oooooh, that is so good to know for future planning :)
(One of the transfer points I bought was BWV points, but I have an SSR contract in ROFR. I was certainly wondering if I could switch my December trip to SSR points when I get them, and then take advantage of 11 month home advantage with BWV for Thanksgiving next year. :) )

Oooooh, that is so good to know for future planning :)
(One of the transfer points I bought was BWV points, but I have an SSR contract in ROFR. I was certainly wondering if I could switch my December trip to SSR points when I get them, and then take advantage of 11 month home advantage with BWV for Thanksgiving next year. :) )

You can swap as long as you didn’t use BWV points to book the trip during home resort time. If you did, you can’t swap for SSR

You can swap as long as you didn’t use BWV points to book the trip during home resort time. If you did, you can’t swap for SSR
It was in the 7 month window. BWV priority is so much more valuable to me than SSR, especially when I'm considering a visit in Fall Frenzy. :)

I'm pretty excited, because I kept thinking of my own UY (September), so I kept thinking I couldn't use these points for Fall Frenzy next year because it would be 2021 UY at that point. And then someone reminded me that transfer points retain their UY, so these are Dec 2020 points, which means in Sep/Oct/Nov 2020 they're still in the 2020 UY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter