Transfers and Palo/Remy going up...

Palo brunch for $40pp....is quite steep. I was hoping to do brunch twice on our next cruise, but not sure I'll even try. Sigh!

That is a huge increase for Remy. I had been on the fence about going on my upcoming cruise since we got engaged there last year. But the price was just too much to justify and we went with Palo. I don't think I'll ever end up going there again now. For a little more we can eat at Victoria and Albert's which I enjoyed a lot more.

$40 for unlimited food and non alcoholic beverages here in South Florida is sometimes double that at a nice place, so I still find it a good price.
Now, I'm curios, we have our one free meal( we booked one dinner & one brunch) at Palo on our next cruise in Feb. so, we will try to add another brunch since its a 14 night cruise. We get charged the $40 for that one, since we will book onboard, but the food and atmosphere is still worth it for us.
Remy, I have done all there offering once, so I am ok skipping that, I just prefer Palo.

I guess Palo/Remy are so popular now they can increase by 30% and have no trouble filling reservations. I expect Cabanas to go up in price again since they are impossible to get. They probably can raise it to $1k and still fill all the Cabanas.

Boo...I was planning to do Palo brunch on our cruise in March, which I can't book until Dec 23! Not sure I think I need to spend that much on it...

$40 for unlimited food and non alcoholic beverages here in South Florida is sometimes double that at a nice place, so I still find it a good price.
Now, I'm curious, we have our one free meal( we booked one dinner & one brunch) at Palo on our next cruise in Feb. so, we will try to add another brunch since its a 14 night cruise. We get charged the $40 for that one, since we will book onboard, but the food and atmosphere is still worth it for us.
Remy, I have done all there offering once, so I am ok skipping that, I just prefer Palo.

$40 wouldn't be so bad, except you've already paid for your meals in the main dining rooms.

I guess Palo/Remy are so popular now they can increase by 30% and have no trouble filling reservations. I expect Cabanas to go up in price again since they are impossible to get. They probably can raise it to $1k and still fill all the Cabanas.

That's one thing that surprises me about the Remy increase. We've eaten there 10 times now on our various cruises, and we'll continue to go, because we love the experience and think it's worth much more than they charge for it. However, we have only seen it anywhere near full once. In fact, they almost always ask us if we'd like to come back another night.

Last month we were the first family to take the Minnie Van from the ship to the resort and it was great! So convenient and got the Resort so early. With this price increase for the transfers, we’ll definitely do it again.

I am pretty thankful I booked my ground transfer 2 days ago (we decided to go ahead with the simplicity of the Disney bus vs renting a car)! And I have the Palo reservation locked down too!
Us too! Booked the transfers earlier this week and brunch last Sunday.

I'm curious to know how they would know which pricing you would get? If we booked before the increase and should be getting the old price, yet sailing during the new price....

I'm curious to know how they would know which pricing you would get? If we booked before the increase and should be getting the old price, yet sailing during the new price....
I’m sure they thought about it and it’s in the system somehow. I’m thinking I’ll take a screenshot of the price listed on my booking in case they charge incorrectly I can show them that. Under your activities booked it will show the old price.

I’m sure they thought about it and it’s in the system somehow. I’m thinking I’ll take a screenshot of the price listed on my booking in case they charge incorrectly I can show them that. Under your activities booked it will show the old price.
In my experience over the last number of years, anytime there's been a price increase on something, anyone who already booked those things were grandfathered with no issue.

As I said, "they know".

Last month we were the first family to take the Minnie Van from the ship to the resort and it was great! So convenient and got the Resort so early. With this price increase for the transfers, we’ll definitely do it again.

I bet it won't be long until they increase Minnie Van pricing.

$40 wouldn't be so bad, except you've already paid for your meals in the main dining rooms.

We are discussing price increases for speciality dining, not what's included in the cruise fare on this thread.
Palo is a choice, you can go and pay or not.

We are discussing price increases for speciality dining, not what's included in the cruise fare on this thread.
Palo is a choice, you can go and pay or not.

Except the user was responding to you saying the $40 brunch is sill a good value compared to land restaurants. You can’t compare value with land restaurants though because you’ve already pre-paid for cruise food. $40 isn’t the cost of a brunch, it’s the cost of “a better brunch”.

It’s relvant to the discussion since it goes to the value of the price increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter