Transgender bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was at Disney in June, I was squished on a Disney bus and realized that I was next to a trans*woman who was holding the stroller for her partner and small child across the aisle. It didn't bother me, but I remember thinking "I hope no one gives them trouble in the bathrooms.

People can be so small sometimes...it just seems so ridiculous to me...but it certainly exists in many forms.

No all genders bathroom I've ever been in has urinals that are open for all to see. I've been in stalls that had urinals as well as toliets per each stall but never urinals all out in the open for everyone to see.

Also please if you see someone you don't deem feminine enough to be in the ladies bathroom teach your daughter that all of us are made different but are all okay.

I was drawn to this thread again because at Galactic Nights a woman with very short hair came in the bathroom and while I didn't find anything wrong the woman at the sinks wih me goes OMG is that a boy ugh how could he? And then asks me was that a boy. I said ma'am I don't really know and don't really care I don't look at people that much when I'm in the bathroom and left.
I absolutely love this

I do think it's normal to notice differences. It just happens. I'll notice someone who dresses differently, it's just natural. Sometimes I think it's cool, other times I think, not for me. I wouldn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable around me...and I think that's the hard part. If someone isn't comfortable with themselves, or is concerned about what I think...it might make me feel uncomfortable. I don't know exactly what I'm trying to say here but I do think some people might appear to be judging when they just want to make sure they are not making that individual feel uncomfortable. I do like the fact that there are so many role models that have come out, whether they are gay, bisexual or trans. I like where the new world is going.

My youngest is trans. He uses the men's room, in a stall. It is no big deal. Kinda freaked my out first time we separated, and he used the men's, but it's a learning experience for me.

He passed all the time last summer, but started T this December. Due to him having a severe health concern, he is not considering surgery at all (he has EDS and uses a wheelchair at Disney).

FYI, @old lady has a tendency of starting threads that he or she knows will usually set of a flamewar and never comes back to reply. Although I'm not sure what they would think they were accomplishing asking this question on this subforum.

I don't care who shares or uses the toilet with me as long as I have my privacy. I don't want men or women or children to be able to see me do my business through those god damn huge door cracks a lot of stalls have. In Liberty Tree Tavern you can practically make eye contact with the person on the toilet while waiting. That I find creepy. Whats wrong with proper doors?!

I also wish we have more family restrooms available world wide as the extra space for helping a toddler or disabled child would be so useful. I hate it when DH takes DS to the mens as I know that he always has to do a mayor clean up as DS still needs to sit.

If you are trans, good luck on your journey I hope you find happiness in yourself and I hope you can pee wherever you want to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!