Transgender face characters

Brycen Nozaki

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone my name is molly I’m transgender and I’ve been wanting to audition for disney ever since I was 5. I was just wondering any updates on Disney with transgender rights for face characters? I’m 5”8 and japanese American what character you think I can be? Also anybody know how to change my profile name to Molly Nozaki. P.S can a 5”9 girl be a Disney face character too if the girl was asian American too?

Interesting question! Face characters have to meet some very specific charities. Off the top of my head I can only thing of one that would have Asian features - Mulan, although perhaps Moana might fit. Being 5'9" would likely be a real problem as most of the Disney female face characters are shorter.

As far as changing your profile name here on the DIS Boards, I don't think that is possible. I'd suggest posting that question on the Technical Support section of the boards.

Yes, the height is an issue, below is a list from another thread. The only one missing who might fit is Pocahontas, which is not an Asian character but I have seem castings where Pocahontas had some Asian characteristics and she usually taller than the other princesses.

For being transgender, you can never know for sure unless you know the actress. However, there has been one Aurora in Disneyland Paris where I suspected her being transgender. I cannot really explain what it was, but something in her facial features. To be honest, I don't think Disney really cares about transgender, as long as someone fits their requirements in height, looks, etc. and can act the part.

Disney Princesses
5’3” - 5’7” including Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Ariel, Snow White, and Jasmine
5’2” - 5’6” Mulan
5’4” - 5’7” Rapunzel
5’5” - 5’8” Tiana

Disney Fairies:
Tinker Bell, Faries, and Terence. Females: 4’10” - 5’2”; Males: 5’4” - 5’7” Vidia: 5’4”-5’-6”

5’4”-5’6”: Fauna, Flora, Merryweather and Fairy Godmother

Misc Girls:
Mary Poppins: 5’5”-5’8”
Esmeralda: 5’7”-5’10”
Meg: 5’6”-5’8”
Alice and Wendy: 4’10”-5’4”
Jane: 5’4”-5’6”

Female Villains:
5’6”-5’10” - including Wicked Step-Mother, step-sisters

Yes, the height is an issue, below is a list from another thread. The only one missing who might fit is Pocahontas, which is not an Asian character but I have seem castings where Pocahontas had some Asian characteristics and she usually taller than the other princesses.

For being transgender, you can never know for sure unless you know the actress. However, there has been one Aurora in Disneyland Paris where I suspected her being transgender. I cannot really explain what it was, but something in her facial features. To be honest, I don't think Disney really cares about transgender, as long as someone fits their requirements in height, looks, etc. and can act the part.

Disney Princesses
5’3” - 5’7” including Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Ariel, Snow White, and Jasmine
5’2” - 5’6” Mulan
5’4” - 5’7” Rapunzel
5’5” - 5’8” Tiana

Disney Fairies:
Tinker Bell, Faries, and Terence. Females: 4’10” - 5’2”; Males: 5’4” - 5’7” Vidia: 5’4”-5’-6”

5’4”-5’6”: Fauna, Flora, Merryweather and Fairy Godmother

Misc Girls:
Mary Poppins: 5’5”-5’8”
Esmeralda: 5’7”-5’10”
Meg: 5’6”-5’8”
Alice and Wendy: 4’10”-5’4”
Jane: 5’4”-5’6”

Female Villains:
5’6”-5’10” - including Wicked Step-Mother, step-sisters
Did she have a passable female voice? A passable female characteristics?

Did she have a passable female voice? A passable female characteristics?
Remember that these are actors who are playing a role. These characteristics are important to the whole image. I'd agree with @CampbellzSoup above that its probably a requirement to get cast into that role.

Now I’m wondering what if a 5”8 half japanese half taiwanese male comes to audition as a face character what character could he get?

Now I’m wondering what if a 5”8 half japanese half taiwanese male comes to audition as a face character what character could he get?

As a male with Asian characteristics, your best bets are Shang from Mulan and Hiro from Big Hero Six. Both are very rare and the last one can also be portrayed as a fur character. So your chances are even slimmer.

What you could look into if you really want to perform at Disney is either as a dancer in a parade or show, or go for a fur character. This is an old list and I don't know if it's up to date, but it gives an indication.
4'6" - 4'7": Daisy, Donald
4'8" - 4'9": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie
4'9" - 4'10": Daisy, Donald, Dopey, Jiminy, Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio
4'10" - 5'0": Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio, Brer Rabbit, Meeko, Piglet
5'0" - 5'2": Max, White Rabbit, Pooh, Robin Hood, Timon, Bashful, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Scrooge McDuck, Terk
5'1" - 5'2": All of the characters listed above in the 5'0" to 5'2" range, plus Chip, Dale, Suzy, Perla.
5'2" - 5'4": Doc, Gideon, Happy, King Louie, Suzy, Perla, Chip, Dale, Jessie, Bullseye, Penguin
5'5": Mr. Smee, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator (not much for this height!!)
5'6" - 5'7": Friar Tuck, Mr. Smee, Pluto, Rafiki, Wendell, Buzz Lightyear, Flik, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator
5'7" - 5'8": Rafiki, Eeyore, Pluto, Prince John, Wendell, Friar Tuck, Buzz Lightyear, Flik
5'8" - 5'9": Prince John, Brer Fox, Eeyore, Shaker, Tweedles, Liverlips, Dumbo
5'9" - 5'10": Liverlips, Tweedles, Shaker, Brer Fox, Geppetto, Dumbo
5'10" - 5'11": Geppetto, Sherriff of Nottingham, Foulfellow, King Lion, Tigger
5'11" - 6'0": Foulfellow, King Lion, Sheriff of Nottingham, Tigger
6'0" - 6'2": Baloo, Big Bad Wolf, Brer Bear, Captain Hook, Genie, Goofy, Launchpad
6'2" - 6'3": Baloo, Beast, Brer Bear, Goofy, Woody, Jafar, Launchpad
6'3" - 6'4": Beast, Jafar, Launchpad

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!