Transitions from Spiral Travel Booklet to New Luggage Tag Mailer

dad of 3 addicted to DCL

Love me some DCL
Changes coming...

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ral-travel-booklet-to-new-luggage-tag-mailer/
The multi-page spiral Guest Travel Booklet is going to be transitioned  to a one-page Luggage Tag Mailer that will contain:
  • High level summary of reservation details
  • Departure Port name and address
  • Online Check-In reminder and/or confirmation that it has been completed
  • Arrival day tips
  • Resort name, check-in/check-out time and address, if pre and/or post nights confirmed
  • Important information emphasizing alcohol policy and what not to pack
  • Reminder to download the Disney Cruise Line Navigator App
  • Two luggage tags per person

It was exciting getting that book, but it was an expense that wasn't necessary, I guess.

Could this be a sign that Disney is moving towards a digital check-in once in port?

Not a big surprise, but kind of sad to see it go. Just following market trends - rental cars, hotel rooms - all moving away from paper.

I always felt like it was waste throwing the booklet out after the cruise and I have no space to keep them all so this change is OK to me. I remember when in the very beginning when you used to get your docs in a thin mini cardboard suitcase/travel trunk!

MJ

Completely agree. I anticipate receiving this mailing will be fully as exciting as the booklet. It means the cruise is nearing. I hated packing and keeping the booklet until we arrived home. On rare occasions we were asked to present it at a port or at MCO which was always a pain. A stateroom host suggested not recycling or tossing it once onboard to preserve privacy. And one home they were not easy to recycle due to the wire binding.

The thin mini suitcase/travel trunk sounds darling. That was before my DCL time.

At least they are not making us print and create our own tags like many other lines do (HAL, RCCL...fathom did).

Princess does too.

Our luggage tags seemed hidden inside the little DCL booklets, and didn't even find them (ahem!) so we ended up improvising when we got to WDW. I'm all for simplification.

I've never done HAL or RCCL but that is weird they do that

Yep. You get a link to a page (I think a PDF) that you print as many as you need, then fold. Some people who cruise those lines a lot get holders from amazon. Some use packing tape. Some trust a staple. I would laminate them with my machine and laminating paper at school, then punch a hole and use a pipe cleaner for attaching them.

I always felt like it was waste throwing the booklet out after the cruise and I have no space to keep them all so this change is OK to me. I remember when in the very beginning when you used to get your docs in a thin mini cardboard suitcase/travel trunk!

MJ
I think I still have one of those travel trunks! Wow! Forgot all about those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter