Transportation for 5k/10k marathon weekend bonnet creek

Robynemcb

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Quick question. I have seen the special that Hilton Bonnet Creek is offering for marathon weekend...it includes transportation for half and full marathon. I'll be running the dopey challenge so will also be running the 5k and 10k. has anyone ever stayed at Bonnet creek and run the dopey or goofy challenge? if so, how did you get to the 5k/10k? Do you just have to provide your own transportation? I'd like to be able to get away without have to park a car at the hotel because it's so expensive. I assume uber is a possibility, but am wary of that since it's such an early start and I'm assuming uber will be uber busy :) those mornings. any suggestions/ comments from anyone that has stayed there in the past and run those races?

Hey, I stayed at the Bonnet Creek Hilton for the Star Wars Dark Side ½ Marathon Weekend this past April. Its a great location and the hotel did not provide transportation to/from any of the races that weekend. Bonnet Creek is right around the corner from Pop Culture/AOA and CB. I drove myself each morning to and from the races for the 5K, 10K and the ½, I did it about an hour before start time for each. IMO, I did not think the traffic nor parking situation was bad at Epcot or MK. You're right parking is expensive at the hotel, but it is a daily charge and not a new charge each time you park. I also drove myself to and from the parks, etc. I have stayed at Disney Resorts in the past so it was a new experience for me in April, but I thought it was much simpler process than I anticipated. Make sure you request a microwave in your room in advance so you can warm your breakfast if you choose to do that! The rooms have fridges, but not microwaves. I loved the lazy river and the multiple hot tubs to recover in after the races! The perk of driving myself was that I could very easily leave whenever I wanted after the race was over and not feel like I had to operate on any specific schedule.

I was worried about this for this year's Dopey. As a result, I stayed onsite at Disney so I could use ME from the airport to resort and Disney transportation to get to/from the expo, 5K and 10K. We switched to Bonnet Creek the day of the 10K and I was able to enjoy the events at Bonnet Creek for runners (they had a reception, runner concierge, dining discount (included in-room dining) and morning send off with snacks and coffee). They also guaranteed 2pm checkout for runners, so I was able to get back and shower after the marathon before checking out. So, I have no advice for your original question, but did enjoy what Bonnet Creek provided for the half and full. Next year, I have a room booked at All Star Sports because we can stay until Monday and total averaged under $100/night.

Have you considered the BC Wyndham? It is less expensive if you book through a company like airnb and parking is free. Stayed there the last 2 rD trips with large parties and it is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter