Transportation from Disney world to fort lauderdale port

kris0597

Earning My Ears
Hi-
I am looking for any suggestions/advise someone may have. We are going to be in Disney World for a week, then going on Oasis of the seas for a week in February. Trying to figure you the best/easist way to arrange transportation. I am not sure if it's better to fly into/leave from Orlando or Ft Lauderdale, and how to arrange transportation back and forth. I know about magical express from Orlando to Disney, but we still have the cruise to get to as well. It's a 3 hour drive, so I don't really think that a taxi is the best way to go. We will have our 5 year old with us who will still be in a car seat as well. Really don't want to have to bring a carseat with us for 2 weeks.. Any advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!

I would fly into MCO and out of FLL.

Then between Orlando and the port I think your easiest bet is to drive.

You can rent a carseat from whomever you rent the car from. At FLL there's a shuttle from the rental car location to the port.

Option two is to fly from MCO to FLL. SW does that route. Then you can take a cab to the port.

There's also bus service available: check out this related thread. Some of their buses go right to the cruise terminal, and they appear to offer a WDW pick-up/drop-off option.

But for 3 people, renting & driving may be cheaper.

In the other thread, the OP specifically did NOT want to drive.

Driving a rental is probably the best option. You could pick up the car @ the CCC or the Dolphin (or around DTD), drive to FLL, and drop the car off and catch the shuttle to the cruise ships (its about a 10 minute shuttle trip- for many rental car companies, the location serving the cruise port is the same as the airport).

It is INCREDIBLY easy to get to the FLL airport- it is ENTIRELY highway driving from Disney. The airport's car rental page is pretty informative: http://www.broward.org/Airport/Transportation/Pages/RentalCars.aspx.

I'd be in the car and ready to leave Disney at 9:00a to get to the cruise ship around 1:15-1:30pm. That does NOT include alot of time for a drive break. The Florida Turnpike, the road you'd be leaving Orlando on, has rest areas with services every so often. I would NOT recommend changing over to I-95 UNLESS there's construction on the turnpike as 95 usually has more congestion. Staying on the turnpike, a toll road, will cost about $6 more, but is well worth it!

In the other thread, the OP specifically did NOT want to drive.

Driving a rental is probably the best option. You could pick up the car @ the CCC or the Dolphin (or around DTD), drive to FLL, and drop the car off and catch the shuttle to the cruise ships (its about a 10 minute shuttle trip- for many rental car companies, the location serving the cruise port is the same as the airport).

It is INCREDIBLY easy to get to the FLL airport- it is ENTIRELY highway driving from Disney. The airport's car rental page is pretty informative: http://www.broward.org/Airport/Transportation/Pages/RentalCars.aspx.

I'd be in the car and ready to leave Disney at 9:00a to get to the cruise ship around 1:15-1:30pm. That does NOT include alot of time for a drive break. The Florida Turnpike, the road you'd be leaving Orlando on, has rest areas with services every so often. I would NOT recommend changing over to I-95 UNLESS there's construction on the turnpike as 95 usually has more congestion. Staying on the turnpike, a toll road, will cost about $6 more, but is well worth it!
No, the OP in that other thread didn't want to drive, but there has been no mention of this poster not wanting to drive.
I would rent a car. The drive is pretty easy, long, but easy. I would take the FL Turnpike though. I hate 95 once you get to Palm Beach..way too hectic and crazy!!!
You can fly into MCO, take DME to your your resort, take it back to MCO, rent a car (with a car seat!), drive to port. Return the car. Take the cruise and then fly out of FtL. There are shuttles that run from port to the airport.

I love to visit WDW it really is one of the best places on earth. I would suggest if you are not wanted to drive, look into some shuttles, If you are at a hotel some offer that. I stayed with family in Fort Lauderdale and we hired Red Coach USA to drive us to WDW and it was so great, reclining chairs, Wifi and less stressful then driving a rental that you will have to worry about. Red Coach USA made everything easier. I look forward to going back! redcoachusa.com if you want to check them out, I cannot leave the full url for some reason. Enjoy your trip

I love to visit WDW it really is one of the best places on earth. I would suggest if you are not wanted to drive, look into some shuttles, If you are at a hotel some offer that. I stayed with family in Fort Lauderdale and we hired Red Coach USA to drive us to WDW and it was so great, reclining chairs, Wifi and less stressful then driving a rental that you will have to worry about. Red Coach USA made everything easier. I look forward to going back! redcoachusa.com if you want to check them out, I cannot leave the full url for some reason. Enjoy your trip
I hope they did, it was 6 years ago!
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter