Transportation from Epcot to MK after Princess 5K

Tooth Fairy

DIS Veteran
We want to head straight to Mk after race as we will be in last starting groups. Can we just get on the race bus transportaion to Contemporary and walk or will the monorail be operating by then? We are staying at Allstar music.
Thanks this is our first time at a Disney race and looking forward to all the excitement.

You can get on any bus you like, yes. If you're within an hour of Epcot opening, that monorail loop might be running. (ETA: Epcot shows opening at 10am, so the monorail most likely will not be operating yet.)

But I wouldn't count on MK being open when you get done. The 5K starts at 5am, and if it's anything like marathon weekend the last runners would be released about 6am. If you waited in every line that wasn't cut off and took as long as you possibly could, you might be done at 7:30am. MK hours right now show it opening at 9am. I'd just take the bus back to my room, grab a bite and change and then head to the park in your new medal and race shirt.

oh good to know.. also we are wondering is the food/snacks complimentary or we need a form of payment? thanks!

oh good to know.. also we are wondering is the food/snacks complimentary or we need a form of payment? thanks!

You'll get bottles of water and Poweraid, a snack box and banana at the end of the race for free. If you want anything from the food trucks or snack tent before or after the race, you'll need payment. IIRC they don't all take magic bands.

The EPCOT loop operates very early on race days transporting runners from the MK resort loop. You will have no problems using the monorails after the race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter