Transportation from OIA to DD/Polynesian

seeWDW

Earning My Ears
HELP! How long would it take for trip from OIA to Poly, check in, & take bus from TTC to DD?

Our family is scheduled for our FIRST Disney trip 1/17-1/21/03 and I can't wait (staying Poly!!!!) My 2DD don't know - Christmas surprise. But USAIR has put me in a panic! Our flight arrival time has now been changed to 4:09PM. And we have reservations for the 6:00PM La NouBa show on arrival night. I have a ressie with Tiffany Town Car from OIA to Poly. But we have to pick up our tickets to LaNouba by 5:00PM!! I'm thinking one of us goes with bags to hotel while other (me?) takes 2DD to DD somehow and get tickets. I'm hoping we have only carryon bags, so we would not have to wait for luggage. Any cheap way to get to DD from OIA? Any suggestions anyone????? I know USAIR could change again, but I'm trying to figure out alternatives - I may need them!!!!

Hrmm... I hate to be the bearer of bad news... however, what you wish to do is going to be next to impossible.

You can NEVER predict what will happen, and Murphy's Law still applies at Disney. Your flight might be late, there might be traffic, there might be a problem when you check in... Granted, chances are all will be fine, however, you know never know what might come up. With something as expensive (and amazing) as La Nouba, you really don't want to risk missing it.

What I would suggest is (if possible) calling, and switching to the 9:00pm show. This way, you'll have plenty of time to relax, grab a quick dinner, and head over to DTD. After you pick up your tickets, you will want to be at the Entrance Stairs about 30 mins before showtime, when they open the doors. Yes, you do have assigned seats, but they have a really funny pre-show that goes on before the actual showtime. It'd be a pity to miss it! :)

By the way... the Polynesian has a bus that goes to DTD from right out front... no need to go to the TTC. (In fact, there is no DTD bus at the TTC)

Thanks Tyler!! That was exactly my fear. When I saw the time change on our flight I could have cried. I'm not sure that I can switch reservation times on our show. I'm still waiting to hear back from Ticket Mania.

Thanks for letting me know about the bus in front too. That will help. I thought I had read on a web site somewhere that we had to go to the TTC to catch a bus to DTD after 4PM from the Polynesian.

I'll keep fingers crossed USAIR changes our flight back, but, I'll keep working on changing the show too.
Thanks again for the confirmation!!

I can't remember the direct number for Cirque du Soleil, but you might have better luck if you call them direct. If you call the WDW Operator, they can transfer you. 407-824-2222

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter