Transportation from Resort to ship

Has anyone taken the magical express to airport to catch bus to cruise ship?
Yes, it's been done. Be aware that's going to add at least an hour to your travel time from resort to port. And you'll need to handle your bags from resort to bus to DCL transportation desk.

For me, personally, it's not worth it. You have to give the Magical Express people a time you need to be at the airport and they schedule you for a bus that departs 3 hours before that. Magical Express picks up at more than just one resort, and, then you have to wait to get on a bus at the airport for another one hour trip to the port.

The bus to ship from resorts picks up after 11:30. Too late.
I know what you mean. I like to board early, too. Yes, some people do take ME to the airport to catch an early DCL bus to the port. That is a lot of bus riding for one morning, though.

An alternative would be to spend your last night before the cruise at the airport Hyatt. It's a very nice hotel with great rooms and food, and is typically cheaper than a Disney moderate. That way, you could take ME back to the airport the night before, and the morning of the cruise you would just walk from your hotel room to the DCL bus loading area. Easy peasy.

This is one reason why I prefer visiting WDW after the cruise, rather than before. They take their sweet time getting guests from the Disney resorts to the cruise ship.

I know what you mean. I like to board early, too. Yes, some people do take ME to the airport to catch an early DCL bus to the port. That is a lot of bus riding for one morning, though.

An alternative would be to spend your last night before the cruise at the airport Hyatt. It's a very nice hotel with great rooms and food, and is typically cheaper than a Disney moderate. That way, you could take ME back to the airport the night before, and the morning of the cruise you would just walk from your hotel room to the DCL bus loading area. Easy peasy.

This is one reason why I prefer visiting WDW after the cruise, rather than before. They take their sweet time getting guests from the Disney resorts to the cruise ship.
Well, they can't transport them until the buses get to WDW from the port with the recently debarked guests.

We've done it a few times, when traveling as two adults. We're DVC, so it's cheapest for us to book a room the night before using our points, then use ME to get back to the airport to catch the DCL bus. The bus from the resort leaves far too late for my tastes, and we don't mind getting up early to take an extra 45 minute bus ride to the airport. We are happy to spend a little extra (vs. a rental car) to take the DCL bus because we love the "vibe" of starting off our cruise that way, and we don't have to mess with picking up or dropping off a rental. Best of both worlds, IMO. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter