• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation ideas

jfis1020

Mrs. Preferred View
We are doing the 7 day western in June, then heading off to Vero Beach Resort for 5 nights. We are flying in and out of MCO. We have toyed with the idea of getting a lift from MCO to DCL, then renting a car after the cruise to do Vero and back to MCO. Any thoughts? I worry that we might want a car to do some "activities" at Vero since we are not "beach bums"! Anyone been this route and offer any advice?

I would suggest maybe using a town car (FL Tours and Tiffany are both great) to get to the Port and then rent a car post-cruise (take the shuttle to the Radisson) because you really do need it at Vero. We are not beach bums either and while we loved the place, we enjoyed having our own wheels too! :)

Have a great time and hope this helps!
Cathy

Even if you stayed at the resort the whole time, you'd still want a car at Vero because it is <b><i>way</i></b> too far from MCO for a towncar service to be an economical option.

I plan to rent a car both way. A one way rental car to the port via Avis is only about $25.00. Drop off the car at Avis desk at the port, then pick up another car when you return.

-Paul

The town car idea was not meant to be economical, but it is a special way to arrive at the Port, well at least until the Norwalk outbreak, it was. :)

But yes, the car rental is definitely the most economical and you WILL need it in Vero.

Have fun!
Cathy

You will like having your own car at Vero.There is a mall(Indian River Mall) about a 15 minute ride away(movie theater there also). The Vero Beach Dodgers(L.A. Dodgers minor league team) is about 10 minutes away from the resort.There are numerous restraunts with-in a 10-20 minute drive also.
There are also 2 on-site restraunts there at VB.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter