Transportation Options

dcannon101

Mouseketeer
We are planning on spending a few days after our cruise at WDW. Has anyone thought about renting a car from the airport, driving to the port, and turning the car in? Are there any rental car companies that are available at the port? Which ones are there? Do they offer a shuttle to the ship and then back again to rent another car? I know I can rent a car at the airport but it seems kind of silly to let it set in the parking lot for 7 days - pay rent and parking on it. :( Any information would be helpful.

First of all ... welcome to the family ... I mean, welcome to the boards!

Yes ... you can definitely do what you are thinking ... of course, I can't remember the rental car company (but I know it's a major one --- Budget ... or perhaps Hertz) and they have a desk at the Radisson ... the Radisson offers a shuttle to the port ... I'm sure that someone who has better knowledge will reply with more detailed info ... but I wanted to welcome you and tell you that YES it can be done ... now sit back, and wait for all the good responses you will be getting shortly!

Hi dcannon101.

Has anyone thought about renting a car from the airport, driving to the port, and turning the car in? Are there any rental car companies that are available at the port? Which ones are there?

If you are not staying overnight upon arrival, you have the options of renting a car, hiring a towncar service or limo, use the DCL transfer service from MCO to the port, hiking (but I wouldn't recommend it), bicycling (a bit of a strain), hiring a private helicopter (rather expensive and probably too pretentious), hitch hiking (too uncertain and, I think, illegal), rent motorcycles (a bit difficult with luggage to transport), look for a rickshaw (while you're at it you'd better hope there's a blue moon out that evening) or whatever else you can devise...

There is a lot of information to be found on the Transportation Board. Avis and Budget are local to the port. You might want to consider taking a towncar service MCO to port and then renting a car after the cruise from Avis. You can make reservations and then pick up the car at their office near the port.

Wishing you a terrific cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter