Transportation Questions

t3hWheez

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We booked a British Isles cruise out of Southampton UK for this year in September and decided we should check out Disneyland Paris for the first time. As this is our first time out of the States we've been a little stressed about the whole thing but I've been working through each leg of the trip slowly but surely. Now we are at the part where I need to plan the best way to get from the port in Southampton to Disneyland Paris whether that be via plane or by train or whatever else?

I really enjoy public transportation but my wife hates the time it takes compared to flying but as far as I am concerned there is no rush to get to Disneyland Paris as the first day is just a travel day from England to France.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what our best option would be or have any first hand experience? Are there any considerations when traveling on a train from England to France or? We're literally clueless honestly.

Thanks!

Well you're probably going to have to go from Southampton to London first in order to get to Paris, as pretty much all logical transportation links go through the capital. By train (Eurostar) it'd be from St. Pancras station in central London; flying it would either be from Heathrow (west of London) or Gatwick (south of London) airports.

Theoretically I suppose you could take a ferry from somewhere on the south coast (Portsmouth? not far from Southampton) and get to France that way, then take the train to Paris from wherever that ends up, but that could be quite tricky logistically to arrange.

Personally out of all of the options, I'd probably go by train myself. Get yourself to London first, then you can either go straight to Paris on Eurostar, followed by local train (RER) to DLP; or take the Eurostar to Lille and change there to a TGV direct to DLP.

From USA fly direct to London take train to Paris Do Disney then Eurostar back to London

Then local train to Southampton

Did you book your plane tickets already?
If not, I would do an open leg: US -> Paris -> London -> US.

Otherwise, take the train to London, the train to Paris, then the RER Disneyland Paris.
Flying wouldn't be that much easier, as there are no direct flights from Southampton to Paris. So you still need to go to London first, then the flight to CDG and the train/bus/taxi from CDG to DLP. The amount of steps is the same.

Depending on the day of the week, there might be a direct Eurostar train from London to Disneyland Paris.

Thanks for all the tips everyone! Eurostar seems to be the best option. Disney transfers from the port to London and then Eurostar direct to Disneyland. A little expensive but not horrible really considering country to country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter