Transportation to US/IoA

I can't say for sure if the Mears shuttle to US/IoA will make a stop at SW....I wouldn't count on it. You can take the Lynx bus, from TTC, to the entrance to SW....it's pretty inexpensive as well.....under $2 or so.

I just checked 2 day park to park passes, purchased on-line, and it came to about $185, with tax. So, if DU is charging $209, that's about $24 for transfers. I would imagine that you can save a few dollars by booking things separately....at least that's how it looks.

We booked online with a package and once again received the early entry. They do not advertise this. The first time a few years ago I was told at the WILL CALL ticket machine by a Universal worker. This year, I planned to be there early. We scheduled a 7:30 pick up and sure enough the tickets allowed us in with Universal resort guests again. Though very expensive for one day, two parks, it was nice to have that extra hour to get in a few rides with lower crowds/waits.

We purchased through DreamsUnlimited both times.

I would imagine they do...they run really late anyway.

I am leaning towards uber as well.
I just wanted to pop in and say we had a great experience with Uber a couple weeks ago. We had always used Mears previously, which was fine, but this was so much more convenient. Plus, it all ended up being FREE! When my DH signed up for the service, he used a promo code (they are all over the web) which gave him a free ride. We took that to Uni from AKL. At Uni, I signed up for Uber using the promo code they gave DH for taking his first Uber ride, so our trip back to AKL was free too. Then, we got another free ride because I used DHs code (every time someone uses your promo code to take their first ride) so we used that to get from Cali Grill to AKL one night. All 3 times our drivers were very professional and timely.

The day I need to go to universal my husband is staying at disney with our young son, but my daughter and I are going to universal. Does the person who made the reservation have to go? Or can my husband do what you did but have us ladies ride both times?

How do you til when they do a free ride? I want to make sure the driver gets their tip.

I don't think it will matter who gets in the car, but haven't personally done this. I would have your husband sign up for an account with a promo code for a free ride, which you and your daughter can use to get to Universal. Then, you could sign up for your own account using the free code they give him (he will get a link in his email to send out). You could then use that for your ride back to Disney. Then, your husband will have another free ride to use whenever. AS for a tip, you aren't really supposed to tip Uber drivers, but we did give ours $5 cash each time just because.

So we are thinking about using Uber to get to Universal while staying at WDW...

Quick question though; while we will have access to wifi to ask for a ride (from the room or from Universal) we will not have wifi/data access during the ride. I can't find a direct answer via Uber but will this be an issue? We are Canadian and if I have to pay for data it would end up being cheaper to just use Mears.

We are staying at WDW for a week and then a week at Cabana Bay Beach Resort. We are going to take a Mears transfer from WDW to CBBR. Our daughter will only be staying until 12/31, while my husband and I are staying until 1/4. We will all need transportation to the airport on said days. I understand that Universal offers r/t transportation between the airport and resort for $30 pp. We only need the transportation one way; to the airport.

Does anyone know if a one way transfer is available and, if so, what the cost is?

My group is planning on grabbing a taxi for transportation from WL to Universal. How long would it take to leave the park, find a taxi and arrive at our resort? I'm hoping not long as, even though I intend to leave when the park closes at 7, it's also a HHN night so maybe most people are staying?

Just called Murray Hill Transportation and they offered $100 round trip for 8 to US/IOA from POR. You pick your times for pickup and we would be going in a mini van. Seemed pretty easy and the price comes out to $12.50 a person round trip. Only seen one post on them. Anyone else use them?

Does mears also have shuttles to sea world?
Not that I'm aware of. But you can easily take a Lynx bus from either DS or TTC. This is Orlandos's public transit system. I've used it with very good results.

I'm not sure about to Sea World, but I do know that we once stopped at Sea World to pick people up on our return trip from Universal....so I would think they do?

Just called Murray Hill Transportation and they offered $100 round trip for 8 to US/IOA from POR. You pick your times for pickup and we would be going in a mini van. Seemed pretty easy and the price comes out to $12.50 a person round trip. Only seen one post on them. Anyone else use them?
its a very good company.
i used to use them in the past but one of their drivers started his own business and for the past 7 years, i use that driver's company

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!