Transportation to US/IoA

It was actually the app itself. I'm not sure why but when I ran it while on the POR grounds, it kept telling me I was not at a valid pickup location....

Hi all... any suggestions for the best approach to get from MCO to Universal and then from Universal to Disney a few days later? I'm sure I can Uber or Taxi it but, at least for the MCO to Universal leg, I wouldn't mind having something arranged ahead of time if it is possible for a decent price. thanks!

How long dose it take to get to US??

I think it would depend on which country you're coming from and how many layovers you have. :duck::duck::duck:

Sorry, when I saw US, my initial though was United States and not Universal Studios.

I think it depends on which transport mode and time of day. It's 8.5 miles going I-4, which could take 10 minutes or 45. Looking at the map, there is another option that looks to be almost a straight shot, so I would suspect 15-20 minutes would be typical if no heavy traffic.

Super shuttle from mco to UO about $35 rt op
Think it is $15 one way

Same price either coming or going from UO to mco

Uber probably close to same cost for the ride
If you have a couple of peeps for the ride, uber cheaper

I have looked through the comments a few times but I didn't see any review of the service from Quick Transportation the company that DU is using. Has anyone traveled from thier Disney resort to Universal with this company? Debating using them or getting an Uber.

"Now that you've decided to check out Universal Studios/IOA, how do you get there if you are staying on-site at Disney? Don't worry, you have a few options:

1. Rent a car
If you are staying at a Disney resort, the easiest option is to rent a car from the Walt Disney World Car Care Center, which is operated by Alamo and National. The Car Care Center offers a shuttle that will pick you up from any Disney hotel and take you to the Center to pick up your car. The shuttle will also drop you off at your Disney hotel after you return your car. If you wish, call the Car Care Center up to 24 hours in advance and arrange for them to send a shuttle for you. Alternatively, go to the front desk of your Disney resort about 30 minutes before your pickup time and ask them to call the Car Care Center shuttle. The phone number of the Car Care Center is (407) 824-3470.

Another location is at the Dolphin Hotel. From any of the theme parks or Downtown Disney, take a Disney bus to the Dolphin. The Alamo/National office at the Dolphin keeps short hours, but you can drop off your car to the hotel's valets after hours. The phone number of Dolphin's Alamo/National desk is (407) 934-4930.

Yet another location is Buena Vista Palace near Downtown Disney. Take a Disney bus from any of the Disney resorts to Downtown Disney. Get off at the Marketplace stop, then walk across the street to Buena Vista Palace. The phone number of Buena Vista Palace's Alamo/National desk is (407) 827-6363.

Avis, Dollar and Budget also have locations near Downtown Disney.

Remember...if you are renting a car you will also have to pay for parking at Universal - currently the charge per car is $14.00.

2. Book a ride with Mears shuttle
Mears runs shuttles from the Disney hotels to Universal and back. You will need to make arrangements 24 hours prior though. Prices are $18 each person RT.

Does the $18 per person include children no matter what their age?
When you book a shuttle, children under 3 are free and children 4-11 pay a child's rate. Anyone over 12 pays the adult rate of $18/pp.

Can I book my attraction transportation online?
No, you will need to call them 24 hours in advance at (407) 423-5566, that is unless you are already using them for transportation to and from the airport then you can book the attraction portion online at the same time.
Check out this link for more info on the combined transportation/ticket package...
http://universal.wdwinfo.com/universal-information/discounts/

3. Taxi Cab
Taxis/cabs are usually available outside most resort entrances, or you can have the front desk or valet parking staff at your hotel call a taxi for you. To get a general idea of what it will cost for a taxi, you can use the Taxi Fare Estimator offered by Mears Transportation.

Where can I catch a cab/taxi at Universal to return to my hotel?
There are taxis waiting at Universal - Universal does have a taxi lane, so you can easily catch a taxi right outside of Universal Studios to get back to your resort.

If there are more than 4 people then the cab option is a no go right?
Mears taxis have a capacity of 5 people, if more than 5 people in your group, they have vans available for up to 7 people.

4. Public Transportation - Lynx Bus
It's strongly suggested that you not take public transit. Yes it's cheap but it takes about two hours to get from Disney to Universal using Lynx. So...if you care how much time you spend in the parks, I would suggest Mears or a cab.

Happy Travels!!"

This post seems to say it all. It has some good info...so decided to make it a sticky here..on Transportation.
This thread is open for any and all concerns, questions regarding how to get to US/IoA from WDW.

Thanks to Cnd Friends of Pooh for posting such great info!!!
Have at it people!!!

We just got back and used Uber to and from--couldn't have been any easier. Picked us up almost as soon as we contacted them right in front of Bay Lake Tower. Ditto for the return trip--they were there a few seconds after we contacted them.

I used Uber to transfer from Pop to Cabana Bay last year, first time and it was easy and cheap. There were only two of us and our luggage. Going to do it again in a few weeks however this time there will be four of us and luggage. Would I order a Uber XL and would that be big enough for everyone plus luggage? Any other options you can think of keeping in mind, I want to keep this as cheap as possible.

City Sightseeing Orlando started running on June 1st and the company offers a Theme Park Express shuttle as well which was very convenient!!

We used tony hinds. Gene picked us up at mco and took us to universal. He came back to take us to the grocery store and all star sports. I am impressed. We were still in Boston when we got a text about our delayed flight. He was waiting for us and even early for our trip leaving universal. There were 5 of us and the cost was very reasonable.

After researching and reading these posts, I've decided to use Uber to transfer from CBBR to ASSp in September. To clarify, I have to download the app, correct? I mean you can't just call them and schedule a pickup? And they do pick up directly at one hotel and drop you at the other? Also, where is the pick up point at CBBR? Thank you! :) (there are 3 of us and luggage)

After researching and reading these posts, I've decided to use Uber to transfer from CBBR to ASSp in September. To clarify, I have to download the app, correct? I mean you can't just call them and schedule a pickup? And they do pick up directly at one hotel and drop you at the other? Also, where is the pick up point at CBBR? Thank you! :) (there are 3 of us and luggage)
Yes, you need to download the app and make an account which is very easy to do. Their app is very user friendly. As far as your transfer, we did it last October but the opposite route going from Pop Century to Cabana Bay. The drop off/pick up is right at the front door, you will not miss it. The app will tell show you the car to expect and will tell you how long it will be, keeping you up to date as to how much longer it will be. When the car arrives, it will tell you that as well. Our trip was just under the $15 mark, much cheaper than what Mears taxi thought theirs would be. I think you will be happy with Uber.

Can we please keep all Uber questions/responses over on the Uber thread? It will be more helpful there since many are looking for similar answers there. Thanks!!!

Yes, you need to download the app and make an account which is very easy to do. Their app is very user friendly. As far as your transfer, we did it last October but the opposite route going from Pop Century to Cabana Bay. The drop off/pick up is right at the front door, you will not miss it. The app will tell show you the car to expect and will tell you how long it will be, keeping you up to date as to how much longer it will be. When the car arrives, it will tell you that as well. Our trip was just under the $15 mark, much cheaper than what Mears taxi thought theirs would be. I think you will be happy with Uber.
Awesome. Thank you very much! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!