Transportation to US/IoA

Does anyone have any recommendations/experiences with how to get from MCO to a Universal resort specifically for a solo female traveler?

TYIA.
Uber or Lyft.

Before you get in the car, walk to the back and make sure the license plate matches what's in the app. Then check the driver's photo in the app, and ask their name. Then ask the driver who he's there to pick up. If anything doesn't match up, or if you can't communicate with the driver because of a language problem, cancel the ride.

If you're more comfortable with a taxi, that's fine, but be aware it will cost considerably more.

Uber or Lyft.

Before you get in the car, walk to the back and make sure the license plate matches what's in the app. Then check the driver's photo in the app, and ask their name. Then ask the driver who he's there to pick up. If anything doesn't match up, or if you can't communicate with the driver because of a language problem, cancel the ride.

If you're more comfortable with a taxi, that's fine, but be aware it will cost considerably more.

Thanks. Those are great Lyft/Uber tips.

Based on online fare estimates it seems lyft/uber isn’t the most cost efficient for a solo person. (Although I’m sure the most convenient)

Are the mears or universal shuttles ok? I’m not finding as much recent info on them (probably because now lyft/uber make more sense if you aren’t solo)

Hello, this may already be within the 19 pages but going to ask anyway to maybe save myself some time reading them all

I am looking for a flexible way to travel from Disney to Universal with a family of 5. We will need a car seat, booster seat, and room for luggage and a double stroller. We are going from Grand Floridian to Hard Rock in June. We will be at Universal for 4 nights and then to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I was hoping for something flexible like Uber where you call around when you want to go vs. pre-scheduling the times now as I’m not sure yet what we will be up to those days.

Is this how Uber would work or is there something like this that could accommodate us and all of our stuff? I’d prefer not to have to rent a car.

Thanks in advance!

Fewer and fewer Über drivers provide car seats. Not provide booster seats.

Your best option is probably going to be a car service. Bring your own booster (e.g. Bubble Bum) and let the service know you need a car seat. Yes, I understand you want flexibility, but you may need to compromise.

You could also try taxis. Call Mears now and learn about the availability of car seats, still bring your own booster.

Your best option is probably going to be a car service. Bring your own booster (e.g. Bubble Bum) and let the service know you need a car seat. Yes, I understand you want flexibility, but you may need to compromise.

You could also try taxis. Call Mears now and learn about the availability of car seats, still bring your own booster.

Thank you! I had a feeling Uber might not work for us.

I have have a reservation at Hard rock hotel. I’ll have my car. We will be attending villains Disney after dark event on Thursday Aug 1st. What should I leave hard rock hotel in order to be at the MK turnstiles by 630pm?

Thanks for your help.

I am flying into Orlando and going straight to Universal. We booked the SuperStar Shuttle to get us to our Universal resort from the airport. After staying two nights in Universal, we are staying six nights in Disney. We plan to take an Uber/Lyft/taxi to get to Disney's property after checking out of Universal to get to our Disney resort. Will I be able to use Disney's Magical Express when I check out of Disney at the end of my trip if I didn't use it at the beginning?

Yes. Call to book it one way (direct phone number in multiple threads here), or have someone at the Front Desk book it for you in person when you check in.

Why is it so 🤬🤬🤬 hard to book Mears transport from WDW to US/IoA online?! It’s 2019, for Pete’s sake, I shouldn’t have to call anyone for something this simple.

We’re looking into a universal day trip from the Polynesian to universal. My husband would rather take a car service/uber than a bus.

Are they fairly easy to get Uber / Lyft early in the morning to make rope drop at universal? Is there a long wait in the evening?

We have a 8 year old (currently 4’2, so not tall enough for no booster) and a 4 year old (5 at time of trip, who isn’t quite 40 lbs so no backless boosters). It sounds like previous posters report car seats are harder to find? I have a mifold and a Ride Safer Travel vest, although the vest is a little bulky and I’d rather not lug it around the park. I’m hoping my little guy gains some weight by August so he can use a mifold too.

anyway-is uber/Lyft fine for this or should we book a car service?

Posting this question here, from another thread I started. Sorry for not realizing there was an existing thread... I'm new here.

We have two kids and are looking to go from AKL to Universal for one day. Kids are 5 and 7. The 5 yr old needs a car seat and the 7 yr old needs a booster. Mears website says passengers need to bring their own booster/car seats to use their car/van service. We've looked at the Quick Transportation website and I can't tell if they provide a booster/car seat. Murray Hill Transportation's website says they will provide a car seat and booster. First one is free, second is $5 they say. We're leaning toward using Murray Hill and borrowing their car seats/boosters, rather than renting a car and having to bring our car seats on the plane. Does anyone with young kids have experience using Murray Hill? I want to make sure the driver will know how to get the seats in and there won't be any hiccups. Have read stories about taxi services (other ones) where the driver didn't know how to get the seats in. I don't want to have an issue that morning getting to Universal, especially when we only have the one day there. Thanks!

Oh, no. I didnt mean post he re, or that you posted in the wrong place! I mean, transportation is transportation, right? Nah, i just think there are fairly recent posts here that might already provide the information you need!

Oh, no. I didnt mean post he re, or that you posted in the wrong place! I mean, transportation is transportation, right? Nah, i just think there are fairly recent posts here that might already provide the information you need!

Oh. LOL Well, I scrolled through the pages of this thread and got some great info, and that led me to my more specific question about Murray Hill Transportation, and their car seats/boosters. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks. Those are great Lyft/Uber tips.

Based on online fare estimates it seems lyft/uber isn’t the most cost efficient for a solo person. (Although I’m sure the most convenient)

Are the mears or universal shuttles ok? I’m not finding as much recent info on them (probably because now lyft/uber make more sense if you aren’t solo)

I know this is a kinda old thread, but am also looking for some clarification here. Thanks

Anybody know the current price of mears round trip?...guessing $18 had increased since original post???...update..found mears website and it's now $24 each round trip from Disney to universal.

Last edited:
Anybody know the current price of mears round trip?...guessing $18 had increased since original post???...update..found mears website and it's now $24 each round trip from Disney to universal.
Yup. I was just looking at its $24 RT per adult

Update....now 27dollars pp round trip for mears shuttle....was trying to book after midnight return for hhn, which I did see an option for a few months ago but now can only see 10.45 as last pick up...am I doing something wrong with the search?

20221016_193957.jpgSorry for the dumb question! Does this definitely mean no additional tipping is required? I don't want to be the only person that doesn't tip. Please reply ASAP. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!