Transportation to US/IoA

joelkfla

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any recommendations/experiences with how to get from MCO to a Universal resort specifically for a solo female traveler?

TYIA.
Uber or Lyft.

Before you get in the car, walk to the back and make sure the license plate matches what's in the app. Then check the driver's photo in the app, and ask their name. Then ask the driver who he's there to pick up. If anything doesn't match up, or if you can't communicate with the driver because of a language problem, cancel the ride.

If you're more comfortable with a taxi, that's fine, but be aware it will cost considerably more.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Earning My Ears
Uber or Lyft.

Before you get in the car, walk to the back and make sure the license plate matches what's in the app. Then check the driver's photo in the app, and ask their name. Then ask the driver who he's there to pick up. If anything doesn't match up, or if you can't communicate with the driver because of a language problem, cancel the ride.

If you're more comfortable with a taxi, that's fine, but be aware it will cost considerably more.
Thanks. Those are great Lyft/Uber tips.

Based on online fare estimates it seems lyft/uber isn’t the most cost efficient for a solo person. (Although I’m sure the most convenient)

Are the mears or universal shuttles ok? I’m not finding as much recent info on them (probably because now lyft/uber make more sense if you aren’t solo)

• KCF1216

Earning My Ears
    Hello, this may already be within the 19 pages but going to ask anyway to maybe save myself some time reading them all

I am looking for a flexible way to travel from Disney to Universal with a family of 5. We will need a car seat, booster seat, and room for luggage and a double stroller. We are going from Grand Floridian to Hard Rock in June. We will be at Universal for 4 nights and then to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I was hoping for something flexible like Uber where you call around when you want to go vs. pre-scheduling the times now as I’m not sure yet what we will be up to those days.

Is this how Uber would work or is there something like this that could accommodate us and all of our stuff? I’d prefer not to have to rent a car.

Thanks in advance!

kaytieeldr

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc
    Fewer and fewer Über drivers provide car seats. Not provide booster seats.

Your best option is probably going to be a car service. Bring your own booster (e.g. Bubble Bum) and let the service know you need a car seat. Yes, I understand you want flexibility, but you may need to compromise.

You could also try taxis. Call Mears now and learn about the availability of car seats, still bring your own booster.

KCF1216

Earning My Ears

Your best option is probably going to be a car service. Bring your own booster (e.g. Bubble Bum) and let the service know you need a car seat. Yes, I understand you want flexibility, but you may need to compromise.

You could also try taxis. Call Mears now and learn about the availability of car seats, still bring your own booster.

Thank you! I had a feeling Uber might not work for us.

123SA

DIS Veteran
    I have have a reservation at Hard rock hotel. I’ll have my car. We will be attending villains Disney after dark event on Thursday Aug 1st. What should I leave hard rock hotel in order to be at the MK turnstiles by 630pm?

Thanks for your help.

• eiblehs

Expedition Everest Enthusiast
    I am flying into Orlando and going straight to Universal. We booked the SuperStar Shuttle to get us to our Universal resort from the airport. After staying two nights in Universal, we are staying six nights in Disney. We plan to take an Uber/Lyft/taxi to get to Disney's property after checking out of Universal to get to our Disney resort. Will I be able to use Disney's Magical Express when I check out of Disney at the end of my trip if I didn't use it at the beginning?

kaytieeldr

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc
    Yes. Call to book it one way (direct phone number in multiple threads here), or have someone at the Front Desk book it for you in person when you check in.

Naomeri

Mouseketeer
    Why is it so 🤬🤬🤬 hard to book Mears transport from WDW to US/IoA online?! It’s 2019, for Pete’s sake, I shouldn’t have to call anyone for something this simple.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates