Transportation to US/IoA

Does anyone know if the roundtrip be on different days and would we be able to take an overnight bag (we would like to stay at Universal for 1 or 2 nights in the middle of our WDW trip)? Thanks!

This is a thought I've been having as well. Looking forward to hearing if you do that and your thoughts on it after.

We are 2 adults, possibly 3.
I do want to begin & end vacation in Disney, but want to hit Universal 2 days, possibly 3. Don't want the nuisance of completely packing & moving offsite & back (and that would screw up free dining due to the time of our trip ..FD ends a couple days after arrival).

Definitely don't want a rent a car.

Trying to see what would be the best balance of economics and efficiency!

If we did stay a night or 2 at a cheap-but-clean hotel in walking distance of US, it might work out as cheap as 2-3 return shuttle trips would cost 2-3 Adults PLUS cut out some commute time (and therefore allow more AM shuteye time!), and make it that much easier to get to ropedrop at least 1 day. And w/ closing time 6 or 7pm, we could choose to go back for swim, or even have nice supper at Citywalk, or any place nearby.

I'd be bringing change of clothing in ziplock bags anyway (yay Bilge Rat Barges!:laundy:). And also hoping on using some of the TS dining credits on a few places that take 2 credits, so not concerned about that part of it.

This would absolutely work. A friend of mine used to have her Universval/Disney transfers in reverse for awhile. The first time she went to Universal she rode with a friend and then when she left, she purchased a RT transfer from the driver at Universal, then used the "return" the next time she went over there, (several months later), and so on.

You would NOT get transportation to your hotel at Universal though. You would need to get yourself over to either an on-property Universal hotel, or one of the off-property hotels nearby. The Mears RTs are only for dropoffs and pickups at the Mears loading area at Universal.

One question about the Mears transportation shuttle system:

I know that you pay $18 cash to the driver when they pick you up from your departure point (in my case, will be Pop Century resort). How does it work at the end of the day/night or whatever when you are picked up from your destination (Universal Orlando for me). I plan on literally being @ Universal all day/night because I'm doing both parks as well as HHNight. Are you given some sort of voucher stating that you have paid/are authorized to use their services? I just wanted to make sure all of this is clear because I'm trying to establish some sort of budget for this trip. Like I'll actually follow it though :lmao: Thank ya'll for your help on these boards!

Yes, they hand you a return boarding ticket which also has their phone number on it to make your return arrangements.

OR, you can talk to the driver then and tell him about when you want to be picked up and he'll give you a boarding time.

We just got back last week and used Mears from POFQ. It went very smoothly and the shuttle was on time both ways.

Don't be late though! Our driver only waited a couple of minutes; one of the parties missed the shuttle on the way back.

We just got back last week and used Mears from POFQ. It went very smoothly and the shuttle was on time both ways.

Don't be late though! Our driver only waited a couple of minutes; one of the parties missed the shuttle on the way back.

Glad to hear it went smoothly! We're using the shuttle for the first time during our October trip. Does the shuttle stop at other many other resorts before heading to Universal??? :confused3

Glad to hear it went smoothly! We're using the shuttle for the first time during our October trip. Does the shuttle stop at other many other resorts before heading to Universal??? :confused3
We got on at WL...the bus made a few stops after picking us up...I think it was the CR, WL, Polynesian and SoG that were on that route that day.

Ours was a shuttle van so we only had stops at POR, POFQ and Old Key West.

Anyone know about traveling by car or taxi with kids in carseats? What are the carseat laws in FLA?

My older DD is old enough to go without, but my younger one really needs a booster. She is only 5. Since we are flying and using ME, we are not bringing her booster. Will the rental agency or cab company provide/rent a booster? I will not feel comfortable if my child is not properly restrained.

We have a very late flight home on the last day of our stay, so we were considering going to US/IoA for the day then heading right to the airport from there - the parks close at 6:00 that day, giving us almost 3 hours 'til our flight leaves. Was going to rent a car at Disney then drop off at the airport but that is really expensive to do that...can anyone recommend a more economical way to do it? We can check our large bags using the Resort Check-in service but will need somewhere to keep our carry-on's while at the parks. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Does anyone know the price for the day ticket to universal with the mears transportation?

There is another way. There are towncar company and Express by SuperShuttle that will take you to Universal from Disney and most have great rates and take credit cards. We hired one and it was more comfortable than a taxi. We had 6 people

There is another way. There are towncar company and Express by SuperShuttle that will take you to Universal from Disney and most have great rates and take credit cards. We hired one and it was more comfortable than a taxi. We had 6 people
There are many companies that provide this service as well.
Please be aware everyone....it is against board guidelines to register simply to promote a business. Not saying that is the case here, but it could be.

Hi I have used mears in the past and found them to be very good. We are not going to uni on our next trip but will be going to sea world so i guess the arrangments can be made the same way? I had been thinking that we would use the lynx bus but i didn't realise it would take upto 2 hours to get to the attractions down i drive! Do mears do trips to the malls as well as we had been planning on the lynx for those too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter