Transportation

MrsBergs

Mouseketeer
There is 7 of us arriving at Orlando
Airport in the morning for a cruise leaving out of Port Canaveral. Do you recommend using a shuttle service or doing a one way car rental ( is there a shuttle service once you drop off the car near the port)

Any insight would be appreciated.

I don’t know about travelling with 7 people ... but with my DH, DS and myself we rented a car one way on both sides of our cruise this summer out of Port Canaveral. We all went to the car rental and took the shuttle to the port. With a larger group it might be easier for the driver to drop off everyone and your luggage - porters take your luggage right away. Then just the driver take the car back and board the shuttle back to the port. The car rental was busy - with only one person going back to the ship it would go faster/smoother.

Airport in the morning for a cruise leaving out of Port Canaveral. Do you recommend using a shuttle service or doing a one way car rental ( is there a shuttle service once you drop off the car near the port)

is it set in stone that you fly in the morning of the cruise? that's pretty risky and would stress me out! but if it is set in stone, i agree with pp about renting a car and once you get to port only the driver goes to drop off car. the shuttles to and from the rental places are rather full as well as the rental places are pretty busy. there are also plenty of different shuttle companies that go to and from the port. just google it and check the reviews. have a great time!!

Honestly, if your only option is to fly in the morning of (WAY too risky IMHO), I would pay the DCL transfers fee and use those. At least the stress of getting there on time would be off a bit. At least DCL would know your schedule and would do all they could to get your there if the plane is delayed.

Price wise - renting a one-way mini van would probably be cheaper since you have 7 people. But...I agree with the others that suggest using DCL transportation for piece of mind that you will get to the port and don't have to mess with dropping people off, returning the car, and waiting on the shuttle to take you back to port. We did a one-way rental a few years ago to save the money. It seemed to add on a good 45 min or so to drop them off with luggage, return the car, and wait for the shuttle. Our rental car company was one of the furthest from the port so YMMV.

Disney Transportation is $35pp each way. If you have 4 or more in your party it’s less expensive to book private transportation.
There are lots of companies.
Happy Limo, Florida Tours, Mears. You can search this board for reviews on the companies.
I agree with everyone else I wouldn’t fly in the day of the cruise.

I recommend using DCL transfers as they continually leave on a rolling basis right from the airport. No stress- as soon as you're in their hands, you're as good as on the ship.

I'm the minority voice on Disboards who will tell you that I think you'll be fine coming in morning of the cruise as long as you follow DCL's arrival time guidelines. Probably a quarter to half of everyone onboard flies in the morning of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter