Transporting ECV to Parks?

TurnR@TheMouseHouse

Mouseketeer
I will be staying at Windsor Palms with my Father and Brother in Dec. Renting an ECV. I do not have experience with ECV's. so pardon if this a really dumb question. Since we only have a short distance to travel and we will be using the Shuberth Rd entrance would it be possible to place the ECV in the trunk of a Grand Marquis, tie the truck lid down and drive over to Epcot without taking the ECV apart?

Possibly. But you should be able to lower the tiller and close the trunk which would be a better option.

I would recommend against this. A rental ECV weighs between 130 and 140 pounds. Each of the two batteries is about 25 pounds. The motor/rear wheel assembly is about 40. The base, tiller and seat post comes in at about 35 and the seat is close to 10.

It only takes two or three minutes to disassemble it and load into the trunk or unload and assemble it. To load it without breaking it down would involve removing the seat and putting it in the trunk or the back seat, then having two healthy people lifting it over the edge of the trunk and safely lowering it, and then lowering the tiller. In this situation the trunk will be able to latch.

BTW, my ECV is a former rental and it is 43" long by 24" wide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter