Trash will now be taken every day

I understand you can notify the front desk of a good time to pick up the trash.
I tried that and they told me that I had to notify "Housekeeping." Since we were on our way to the parks, I asked if that was something that they could do for me, nope, you have to tell them.

After we contacted them, the next day, we only had one time that they disregarded our request.

So I believe if you notify your housekeeper or call housekeeping they will honor your request.

Over at the normal resorts, communication with housekeeping to come back later gets an almost immediate response from non-housekeeping demanding entrance to look around.

It does make your DVC villa feel less like home when you know that people will be walking in each day, however, I see Disney’s reasoning. If there were to be a copycat shooting incident, we would want to know that Disney had done what they could to prevent it.

It does make your DVC villa feel less like home when you know that people will be walking in each day, however, I see Disney’s reasoning. If there were to be a copycat shooting incident, we would want to know that Disney had done what they could to prevent it.
I feel the same way. It reminds me of the old joke about two hikers who run into a bear -

"There are two people in a wood, and they run into a bear. The first person gets down on his knees to pray; the second person starts lacing up his boots. The first person asks the second person, “My dear friend, what are you doing? You can’t outrun a bear.” To which the second person responds, “I don’t have to. I only have to outrun you.”

Although it is virtually impossible to stop a Las Vegas style attack with daily room checks, it may be enough to discourage someone from choosing a Disney target for their evil.

Probably not a fair comparison, but on a recent cruise we fully expected our room to be entered each day (on Viking its actually twice per day). You had magnets you could put on the door that told housekeeping they could come on in and clean the room. Or another magnet with do not disturb. If do not disturb was up all day, they would at some point knock, enter and do their thing. I'd like something along those lines. They get to enter the room at some point, but at least you don't have them barging in when napping, showering, etc.

Probably not a fair comparison, but on a recent cruise we fully expected our room to be entered each day (on Viking its actually twice per day). You had magnets you could put on the door that told housekeeping they could come on in and clean the room. Or another magnet with do not disturb. If do not disturb was up all day, they would at some point knock, enter and do their thing. I'd like something along those lines. They get to enter the room at some point, but at least you don't have them barging in when napping, showering, etc.

They technically do. The 'room occupied' door tag seemed to work for us on our January trip at VGF. We only hung it up when we were in the room and took it off every time we left (for several hours... not a quick trip to quick serve, etc.). I never ever saw anyone near our room, but trash was taken daily. We did see maintenance, but since we called them to fix the bathroom door can't complain about that lol :)

Just left VGF this morning after a 7-night DVC points stay in a 1 bedroom. On the first full day we left at 8:30 AM and returned around 3. A housekeeper was in the hallway outside our room and asked whether we had any trash. We let him in, he went straight to the kitchen garbage can, emptied it, put in a new bag, and left.

We never saw anyone after that, and our kitchen garbage was emptied every day except one. When we were in the room, Peter Pan was outside and the door was bolted and flip latch closed; when we left we moved Peter to inside. Some days we didn’t leave until nearly noon, and we came back every afternoon for several hours. No one knocked or tried to enter when we were there.

So all in all, the daily trash collection/security check wasn’t a problem for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter