Trattoria al Forno for Dinner?

samara

Mouseketeer
I see lots of comments about the character breakfast, but wondering if anyone has any opinion on dinner here? We’ll be coming in lateish on our arrival night, staying at the Boardwalk and just looking for something low key but yummy. Looked at Flying Fish, but it’s really expensive and don’t have enough park days to wander into Epcot.

It's good, but we weren't "wowed". Felt spendy for what it is, given everything is a la carte. But unless you want to venture to one of the other hotels, it's the best option at the Boardwalk.

We had a fantastic meal last trip and are looking forward to our return next month. We had a nice, relaxed dinner away from the parks. I had the scallops, my DH had the steak, and my DDs had chicken parm and another pasta dish. Everyone enjoyed it!

In August we had a good meal. The server disappeared but the food came without his interaction. We will go again.

We go to Disney every year (stay at the BWI) & we eat at Trattoria every year (sometimes 2x). That's how much we enjoy it, great food, really good service, decent price point & a comfortable setting. We love eating here & then taking a stroll around the boardwalk to soak up the ambiance (& burn some calories:rolleyes1)

We had dinner there about a year ago and it was absolutely awful - so bad that I come on here to post about it, which I never do.

We had a decent meal here our first night when we were staying at BWV last week. My steak was excellent but they didn't cook the spaghetti for my wife that well. Everything else was just fine and the server was superb. We also had room service one night and the food was excellent (same kitchen). It is pricey but we were on the dining plan so had already paid for it.

Have had dinner here twice but not recently. First time was shortly after the restaurant opened and it was really good. Second time was a couple of years ago and it was disappointing. I asked our server to recommend something but his suggestion was something that just didn't appeal to me so I ordered something else. It was like I hurt his feelings or something, his demeanor became less pleasant and he mostly ignored us. I wouldn't say we'd never go back, but there are too many other places we'll try first.

We’ll be coming in lateish on our arrival night, staying at the Boardwalk and just looking for something low key but yummy.
Are you flying in? if so ADR on arrival can by risky if you encounter any delays. As for the restaurant I had dinner there and was not impressed at all. food was pretty bland and I love food but am not incredibly picky. I would check out some of the places over at the s S & D - i think those restaurants might be accessible (don't require reservations 6 months out). I have heard great things about Il Mulino and it looks like you can make a reservation on open table (I don't believe there is a charge if you miss your reservation like with WDW ADR's)

We've had good meals there. It's not knock-your-socks off, but it was fine. If you are concerned about making an ADR due to a late arrival, Boardwalk Bakery has some good take-out items. There is a also a pizza window plus some other food kiosks on the Boardwalk. You could also do a walk-in at ESPN or Big River, but the food at Trattoria is a bit better.

We like it. Our meals have been good, and the service was excellent. We have it booked for our December trip, and hope to visit one of the nearby parks for evening entertainment after dinner.

We have been there twice, most recent was F&W, 2 years ago. It was good, we enjoyed our dinner, both times. We were on the DDP, so a good choice for a TS credit.::yes::

We have been there twice, most recent was F&W, 2 years ago. It was good, we enjoyed our dinner, both times. We were on the DDP, so a good choice for a TS credit.::yes::

It is one of the better values, IMO. We booked it for our CP package a few years ago and paid OOP. I did not leave with buyers remorse, which can happen after paying a premium for a dinner package. The food was well prepared.One of my dining companions order the whole fish, which was fileted Table side, (lovely presentation) and the rest of us ordered the steak. I know we all were indecisive regarding whose appetizers or desserts "won" the meal because we enjoyed every bite of every choice.

If you want italian then I would highly recommend walking to the Swan and eating at Il Mulino. We ate there twice on our last trip. It gets bonus points for being on Open Table so you don't have to mess with the Disney dining reservation system.

We’ve been several times and have had really good experiences. I think I like it especially for the location though. If it wasn’t at The Boardwalk with Ample Hills next door, I probably wouldn’t make the effort. But it’s a solid choice for the location and cuisine. We went to Il Mulino once and weren’t impressed. I’d choose Trattoria (or Ale & Compass) over anything else in that area.

Out friends took us here a few years ago. I was very hesitant. Took us by surprise. It was a solid meal. We have been going since every trip and it’s always consistant. I think it’s good there. I’ll even eat thier sauce and I don’t anyone’s sauce except my grandmothers’, my mom’s, and now my wife carries that mantle. Lol

I like the food there. For a first day meal after traveling and u r staying there I think it’s a good choice.

Flying fish’s old menu was amazing. We haven’t been there since reopening but heard it’s still good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts