Trattoria al Forno - help with transportation!

paradesintherain

DIS Veteran
So we have an ADR at trattoria al Forno at 9:00 and Epcot opens at 9:00. Will we be able to walk through the park to the international gateway? Or what’s the best way to get there?

No you won’t be able to walk through the park early and you will be fighting with a bunch of rope drop people. Your best bet for free transportation is to Hollywood Studios. There’s a walking path. Or there is always Uber or Minnie Van.

No you won’t be able to walk through the park early and you will be fighting with a bunch of rope drop people. Your best bet for free transportation is to Hollywood Studios. There’s a walking path. Or there is always Uber or Minnie Van.

Ah thanks that answers my question - I just couldn’t figure out how to go from Epcot to Boardwalk basically. Thanks for your help!

Depends on where you are staying if you will be able to get easy Disney transportation to the Boardwalk area (ex: If staying at Contemporary you could just go walk over to the bus station at the MK and get on the bus for Boardwalk resort and get off there and just walk up the boardwalk to the restaurant). Otherwise, Uber/Lyft/MinnieVan.

Depends on where you are staying if you will be able to get easy Disney transportation to the Boardwalk area (ex: If staying at Contemporary you could just go walk over to the bus station at the MK and get on the bus for Boardwalk resort and get off there and just walk up the boardwalk to the restaurant). Otherwise, Uber/Lyft/MinnieVan.

Neither of the party are staying at easy resorts, unfortunately.

Can’t believe I’ve finally been stumped by Disney transport! I think we’ll do Minnie van!

Minne Van, or Uber is your best option. Otherwise you have to get to a park, then transfer to the Boardwalk bus.
Not terrible, but it will take a lot of time.

Not to be nit picking but... Minnie Van is more costly than regular Lyft. We used both while there in May. If you need the extra seating by all means go with Minnie Van, otherwise just use Lyft and save $$. We used Minnie Van to get to HDDR because it bypassed having to take the internal bus at FW but we used regular Lyft to go to and from Disney Springs from our hotel Dolphin and regular Lyft from Poly back to Dolphin to save time.

I think at Disney your time is worth the little extra money of taking Lyft over a multiple bus hop.

So we have an ADR at trattoria al Forno at 9:00 and Epcot opens at 9:00. Will we be able to walk through the park to the international gateway? Or what’s the best way to get there?

If you want to use WDW transportation, go to a theme park. Then take the bus to the Boardwalk. I don't think you'll be allowed to walk through Epcot. Plus, it's really far.

Thanks all for your help! We ended up using Lyft. We were going to use the Minnie van because they’re really cute and we’ve had great experiences with the drivers but we were told they’d charge twice for a multi-stop trip, unless the stop is on the way.

Lyft was definitely worth avoiding a little hassle

Why not catch bus to the early entry park of the day and transfer to boardwalk resort?

Well I could have caught a bus to any park since they run well before park opening but Epcot would have been the most convenient and every other park significantly less convenient. In the end it was worth spending a bit of money to save time and hassle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter