Travel agent told me today to call back in about 2-3 weeks for great deals at WDW!!!

kim532

DIS Veteran
I thought since this is the rumor board, this is the appropriate place to put this. I came close to putting it on the resorts board but since I have no facts I thought this would be better.

Finally got my DH's boss to give us an OK on his requested vacation days( he didn't give us what we wanted but at least we got confirmed days to play with now). So went to a national travel agent to buy airline tickets. Just with friendly conversation I told her a got the great postcard rate at BC. She said that Disney was getting ready to offer substantial discounts to help boost bussiness. She said they were just waiting for the big guy(EISNER???) to give the OK. And that I should call her back in 2-3 weeks and she could see what they had then.

Like I said I have no facts but thought I should give all the bargain hunters a head up, or if there are any other travel agents who come here if they could confirm or deny these rumors!!
Thanks
Kim

Well Kim, that's interesting especially since Disney has had so many good deals already...But, I'm hoping to go to AKL (with my AP postcard) in June, but I think I'll wait a little before reserving now!:cool:

I have my post card rate reserved but figure I can cancel if she can get me a better deal. With CRO you can cancel 5 days before arrival and still get your full money returned.

My guess is they are using the postcard rates for test marketing and may open up the rates to Travel Agencies.

What is a "post card" rate ???

how does it compare to a normal Disney Club rate? I've booked 10 days in early August at the Beach Club (standard view), it worked out to $248 per night (with the room tax).

Hi Tom,
A postcard rate is something that Disney is mailing out to some people. In order to get the non-transferable rate you have to give them a code or number that is on the card and you have to bring the card when you check-in. I got one last year for the Grand Floridian that was for $189 a night plus tax. The postcard rates are good but you must be one of the chosen who get them. No one has been able to fiquire out how Disney decides who gets them.
But there are better rates out there for the BC, go to the link below for the codes and all the info about them.
Hope this helps....
DawnNJ:earsgirl:

discount code link

Better safe then sorry....BOOK NOW, never wait.

If you have a good travel agent, she will check back with Disney to see if the rates went down and if the new special rate applies to your dates, resort, etc.

You should never wait to hold a reservation especially with Disney and when you are locked into rates.

I really don't think Michael has too much sign off on the resort rates. I think this is with CRO and the General Managers of the resorts and Product Development.

All of the resorts are offering special rates well below their normal, especially with the post card. If I were you, I would book.

I just re-booked at the Beach Club using the discount **** code, and got a standard view room, early August, for $188 ! (tax included).

This is much better than the $248 rate I was getting from Disney Club.

Thanks, DawnNJ, for the tip, and the link to MouseSavers. For my 9 night stay, this is saving a bundle !! :D

I've noticed airline prices dropping a lot in the last few weeks, also. Los Angeles to Orlando round trip in August, non-stop via Delta, has dropped to $249 (it was $393 just last month). I've been going to WDW for 7-8 years, and this is near the lowest fare I've seen (lowest was $220 a few years ago).

I just checked at Delta's web site again, and LA to Orlando round trip is $209 !!

This IS the lowest I've seen it for August travel.

Hi tom h,
Glad that I could help...these boards are great, aren't they! When I went on my trip in 99 they saved me quite a bit of money on my hotel and a rental car. Enjoy your trip and the extra spending money that you have now!:bounce:
DawnNJ:sunny:

Just called, It was AAA that I refered to in initial post and she said there was no deals. Just that they were going to extend there AAA discount longer into the year. Sorry. I had a feeling there wouldn't be anything substantial come of this. Good luck everyone who bargain hunts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter