Travel Agents Observation

katyjeka

DIS Veteran
We have used the same AAA travel agent for over fifteen years. We stopped in to change our arrival date by one day last week. She told us they were getting a lot of cancellations and less bookings for later this year and believe it has to do with Star Wars. Clients that had planned to go this year are putting off until next. We laughed and told her crowds will be as crazy as ever. Today I went on to begin making our dining reservations and I have never seen so much availability. I have been faithfully making reservations for years and I have never seen restaurants with so many open times.(this is during free dining) We have a great time regardless of the crowd but it did seem a little odd this morning and I'm beginning to think she may not be as crazy as we thought.

We got a pin code that took about 30% of the rack rate for the AOA suites for this summer and I was shocked at the discount. So I agree, something is up.

People wanting to avoid new park openings. It will still be packed with people but I'm assuming folks don't want to spend all that money on days/months they know will be packed due to the new lands.

Maybe it has something to do with Free Dining and the resorts and dates that are not included.

Probably won’t have as much of an impact on the super busy times like holidays and 3 day weekends, but I can imagine some of the summer crowds might thin out a little because of people pushing their trips back. I wouldn’t go by the crowd calendars for a bit until we get some more data in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter