Travel between Irish Republic and UK after Brexit

The Common Travel Area between the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland is not affected by Brexit meaning free movement of their respective citizens will continue unhindered.

ford family

The difference will be People holding a U.K. Passport will have to join The NON EU Passport Line .

The difference will be People holding a U.K. Passport will have to join The NON EU Passport Line .
I don’t think you have read the document I referenced in my first post fully.

“At present, UK passport holders are processed through the EU channel at Dublin Airport. If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS), which operates immigration, has confirmed that UK passport holders will continue to be processed through the EU channel – however, this EU channel will be re-designated as an EU/UK channel. This means there is no real change at Irish immigration for UK passport holders.
In the event of a no deal Brexit, we will be changing the signs at immigration to make things clear for passengers. Dublin Airport will also have customer services staff on hand to help passengers and to deal with any queries or confusion that may arise.”

I don’t think you have read the document I referenced in my first post fully.

“At present, UK passport holders are processed through the EU channel at Dublin Airport. If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS), which operates immigration, has confirmed that UK passport holders will continue to be processed through the EU channel – however, this EU channel will be re-designated as an EU/UK channel. This means there is no real change at Irish immigration for UK passport holders.
In the event of a no deal Brexit, we will be changing the signs at immigration to make things clear for passengers. Dublin Airport will also have customer services staff on hand to help passengers and to deal with any queries or confusion that may arise.”
Indeed I hadn’t read it all LOL. Point point is more general in terms of whether in any connecting airport scenario you are considered to be entering the country and need a Visa for that country. My understanding is generally you do not pass immigration in these cases with the exception of the US where they treat you as passing immigration at any airport you touch down at. Plus in Ireland it is about how they perceive you to be departing as they are US clearing you. But I still even then would not understand what difference it would make going down a line saying EU&UK or non EU.

Under the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding signed, free movement of people between Britain and Ireland, and mutual access for citizens to social security, health and education will continue after Brexit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!