Travel during Danger

Shamu Goofy and HCR

Earning My Ears
I am scheduled to go to the HRH on 10-30 to 11/7 with HHN and a trip to WDW for the Party on 10/31/01 at night. Disney will refund the money but Universal said I will lose the money for each of the 3 nights we bought for HHN. Is it the policy that Universal won't refund for the nights even during these trying times. The Hard Rock has been great and will work with us to move our dates for our rooms, but we would lose the HHN money and have to pay the airlines $100 per ticket to exchange the tickets , we love Universal but the fear of attack is great. Has anyone had this same feeling about travel. We love fla but it is hard to decide ???

I can understand your concerns about travel. But try not to give in, that is exactly what the terrorists want. We are heading to HRH in January. I wish it was sooner. I really want to get on an airplane again just to ease my own fears.

Patty

I can understand your fears. Everyone has to do what they are comfortable with. We're going to be at the Portofino Oct 30-Nov 3 and I can't wait!! I am going if I have to walk with the kids on my back:D. DH really needs a vacation, poor guy. (OK, me too:) )

I would think you would be glad to get out of NY!! That is the only place I'd be afraid to visit right now! (maybe Washing DC too) Seriously, we are a little nervous and my daughter-in-law almost chickened out, but if we lost all our money for everything we bought special tickets for, ect. it would be a big lose (7 people) and I couldn't afford to go again next year, so we are going . Leaving from Wichita on Sat. morning at 8am. Have to be at the airport at 5am!! That's the hard part with 3 children!!

I can really relate. We were supposed to be going over Thanksgiving but decided to cancel just to be safe. I just could not get comfortable with taking my kids into what could be a "target" for the kind of terrorist activity that has been going on...especially with all of the smallpox talk going on now, as if anthrax were not bad enough.

We went through the same problem with HRH refusing to refund our money. It is fine for them to close rides and reduce hours and not give people what they have paid for, but we are not allowed to make any changes! We even tried to change the reservations to the spring but they said no way. It just shows how little they really care about their customers and their employees. Obviously they only care about making a buck and don't care whether we like it or not.

Come on people!! We have to fly across the atlantic for 9 hours. The planes coming from GB are 90% full-we are supporting your econemy and helping keep the parks open how would you like it if Disney closed because you are all frightened to fly-can you not fly or take the train instead-these are"safer" alternatives to flying if you like. I'm sure we will still have a great time even under these circumstances
Paula

:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter