Travel party of 6?

ironz

DIS Veteran
Looks like the most 'economical' way to do DVC with a party of 6 adults is booking 2 studios, correct?

My husband and I have a couple of small contracts and I want to extend an invitation to family to join us from time to time. Though, I was originally thinking we'd bring a couple of nieces/nephews at a time and still fit in a studio--- but once my siblings decide they want to go, it changes the math completely!

Potentially, yes, but I would also caution to consider which studios, depending on where you own and the season. The Standards at BWV and BLT tend to be booked by owners, and AKV Value is also rare/non-existent at 7 months year-round.

Thanks, yes, I've been keeping up with the trends. We own at BWV and AKV, so that helps, if I can get the lead time on planning. We just don't have the points to be as generous as I would like. So I'd rather economize and try to bring more people more often, rather than bring a few less often and/or blow the points on a 2BR. There are worse dilemmas to have!

Looks like the most 'economical' way to do DVC with a party of 6 adults is booking 2 studios, correct?

My husband and I have a couple of small contracts and I want to extend an invitation to family to join us from time to time. Though, I was originally thinking we'd bring a couple of nieces/nephews at a time and still fit in a studio--- but once my siblings decide they want to go, it changes the math completely!
If you're going to do this I'd suggest you consider trying to get a 2 BR instead, it's well worth the extra even OOP for the additional time. Or maybe buy additional points at one or the other to do so.

Just as long as the nieces and nephews aren't 17 or younger.

Just as long as the nieces and nephews aren't 17 or younger.

No, they're all grown-- we're in this sweet spot where they are all out of school, and only one grand-nephew so far, so a reasonable window for them to come to Disney.
We'll run into the same dilemma once our granddaughter gets old enough to where we want to bring her. I know there will be some banking and borrowing and spacing out of trips. (and/or renting points or just staying at Pop--LOL)

I have a party of 5....Me, DH, DD15, DD19 and her BF. With the addition of a BF we needed more space and chose 2 studios. Only question now is, do we do girls room / boys room and let my DH room with the BF or give DD and BF their own room. I'm fine with either.

A 1 bed would have created problems, too. My younger DD would not want to sleep in the same area as the BF and we'd all be sharing 1 bathroom (no thanks). 2 bed is just so expensive and if you don't care about the kitchen (as we don't) it's such a waste. 2 studios all the way! Also, in the event your travel party changes, you could potentially just drop one studio depending on what the change is. We've planned big complicated trips with family that ended up not going in the end.

When dealing with family that doesn't understand DVC, expect to deal with uneducated expectations and/or changes to your reservation. It can be very annoying.

We usually travel with 6 and always book two studios. We like to book the rooms with the extra pull down bed. Works well since we have growing opposite sex children. They each get their own bed this way.

If you have the points get a 2 Bedroom well worth it..... and a much nicer room

When dealing with family that doesn't understand DVC, expect to deal with uneducated expectations and/or changes to your reservation. It can be very annoying.

Oh, isn't that the truth?! Esp now with a potential school schedule change and a question of having the trip in August with a September UY (and some borrowed points if we did it this August). Too risky! Hard to explain the ins and outs to family. :) This is going to take some work. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter