Travel to San Diego Question

Love Tigger

DVC Member - BWV, SSR
Ok, so I have a semi-Scroogy boss who wants me to go to San Diego and spend a day doing computer training during my vacation. Are there any airlines that fly from the LA area to SD or will we have to drive? I don't really care what airport we fly out of. If we do have to drive, how long of a trip is it?

Thanks.

I think that the little commuter arms of American ("American Eagle") and United ("United Express") each have flights from LAX to SAN. It's mostly turbo-propeller planes, though, not jets, although a few of the American Eagle flights might be in those little regional air jets.

I would think with check in times, getting to and from the airports, etc., it would be much quicker to drive. The drive, depending on whether you're leaving from the north or south side of L.A. should be about 2 hours; maybe a little bit longer if you are leaving or arriving in rush hous, and add 15 minutes to get lost.

Another option is the train - it's about 2 hours by train, & you'll miss the traffic. The Anaheim Train Station is probably less than 10 minutes away, and you can easily grab a taxi.

I would recommend driving or train over flying.

Yes -- good point about the train. Tammy, if you're leaving from Disneyland, flying makes absolutely no sense. (I hadn't considered this at first.) DL is considerably south of LAX, and it could easily take you half as long to drive to LAX from DL as it would take to drive from DL down to San Diego.

Thanks for your responses. I used to live in Northern CA and I never made it down to SD. For some reason, I thought SD was a longer drive. Regardless, if I do end up going, the company is paying for travel to SD and SJ since this literally would be in the middle of my vacation. I'll look into the cost of and the schedule for the train.

Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter