• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel to the US

disney2003

Just when I think I am out, they pull me back in!
I'm hoping someone out there has gone through the same scenario as I am experiencing now and can offer some advice. We are planning a trip to Disney (DB and his two children 11yo g and 14yo b) in April/May 2003. Our flights and rooms are already arranged. We were planning on giving the trip to Disney as a Christmas gift to the kids. This would be the kids first trip to the US. However, the 14yo is totally afraid of travel to the US especially with the recent events.

Has anyone else had this experience? How do you address their fears and let them know that it is safe. Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
rhonda

We went through this last year(though my kids are younger the oldest was 10)They were very afraid of flying again after Sept 11.We talked it over with all three(5,7,10) and told them that when God calls you to heaven it does not matter where you are it will happen.We also stressed that we would all be together and the chances of anything happening were pretty slight.Airport security is also very secure after the changes that were made.This was a point we brought up.Plus the kids needed to be awhare of the increase in security to know it is normal(army men with guns can be seen in the airport)Also disney does check bags as you enter the park(something they need to know,as honesty is a good policy to let them know what to expect)Plus if you are staying on site,they have security as you enter the resort and also patroling the resort to ensure your safety.They were very noticeable last Feb.when we were there.Stress all of the safety measures that have been put in place.Stress that you cannot live in a bubble you never know what life brings.
Hope this helps(plus when we arrived all fears were gone and we had a truly magical vacation)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter