• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traveling alone - PO/Riverside Dec 4 - 9

Mouseaholic

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone -

I am a "newbee" to this site although I did have dinner with Bob last spring at EPCOT.

December 4 - 9 I will be at PO/Riverside (but may change to Wilderness Lodge which is my "home"). This time I will be alone and would enjoy company for dinner or even Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party one evening. Anyone for dinner at Boma?

I am 49, reside in Annapolis Maryland, this time a week ago cleaning up from 2 feet of Isabel water at work, a sailor and former travel agent specializing in Disney. I travel to WDW 2 or 3 times a year to "find my smile".

What can be better than Disney at Christmas!

I am looking forward to meeting others who share this addiction i have to a mouse!

Cheers......Cathy

<b>Welcome to the Adult/Solo Board, Cathy</b>. That is a great time to be at WDW. A large group of DISers will be at MVMCP on Dec 4. There's also a meet over at OKW on Dec 7. Check out the Meets Board. I'll be at OKW Dec 2-9. Boma dinner sounds great. Maybe we can get a group together. I see you posted on the Dec thread on this board. That's a good start.

Hey there! I, too, will be staying at POR solo (from Nov. 29-Dec. 6). I was thinking about doing Boma for dinner Thursday night (I think that's the fourth, if I'm not mistaken). I'm planning to do Animal Kingdom that day, then Boma for dinner before heading back to the resort for a nap before I go over to Pleasure Island for the evening (I love going on cast member night).

Richard

Jersey -
I would enjoy joining you for dinner at Boma but my heart was set on MVMCP the first night.....have to hug the mouse.

Any chance for a rain check?

Looks like I will be around for the end of your trip. My shedule at WDW is generally more relaxed.... so I can be more flexible if necessary.

So if anyone wants company at a park, dinner, miniature golf (I have two tickets from a former trip), just let me know!

Anyone care to suggest another choice for dinner. I always visit Boma because it is a favorite, but I will be there a few days.

I look forward to the advice from all the Disney regulars here. This has been a warm welcome for a newbee.

Thank you!

ps. Karen - MVMCP December 4th.....just tell me when and where and I am ready! Let me know what works for dinner.

I will be solo at POR Dec 7-10 and would love to get together for dinner. I think I get in late on the 7th. Anyone up for PI?

Mouseaholic, DH & I will be dining with friend at Boma on the 8th. We could add another chair. Or if you just want to meet up some day in the park, maybe we could arrange something!

Hello!

Ok, truth be told, I am a die-hard Wilderness Lodge fan and changed my reservation today. It changes nothing but my location, happily.

Dinner at Boma on the 8th sounds like a wonderful way to spend my last night at WDW.....sign me up.

Anyone interested in joining me at MVMCP on Thursday, Dec 4th?

It looks as if everything we schedule just misses! I'll be visiting the mouse's xmas party on Tuesday! But if you want to try and do dinner one day, that would be great! Just let me know!

Since my first posting I found a good rate for the Beach Club and have upgraded to stay there....still December 4 - 9.

Anyone interested in company Friday at Epcot or Saturday at Magic Kingdom?

Jersey.....you say when and where and I'll try.........

Cathy- there will be a great group of DISers at MVMCP on Dec 4th-you won't be lonely if you go that night. I don't have any plans for Dec 8 (other than some outlet shopping maybe)- let me know if you'd like to meet up for a meal or something.

Originally posted by Mouseaholic
Since my first posting I found a good rate for the Beach Club and have upgraded to stay there....still December 4 - 9.

Hi Cathy!
DH and I have stayed at the BC twice now. On our last trip, we rented points from a DVC member and stayed in a BCV studio. I love the close proximity to Epcot and MGM. To me, this is the perfect area for adults to stay in.

I'll be taking my first solo trip February 15-20. Any other DISers going then? I'm renting from the same DVCer again, this time I'll be at the BWV.

I'll be looking forward to hearing your report when you get back from your December trip. Kathy in MA :wave:

I thought you might be interested in Mousefest. Some fun things are being planned for the time frame you're there. I know I'll participate before I head home Sunday and it's a fun way to meet new people and some that might be known through the boards like DIS, etc.

More info at:
http://wdwig.com/radp8.htm

Maybe we'll get a chance to meet up. There's also a Meet being planned for Fri & Sat nite at Jellyrolls. Check it out on the Meet Board:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=435874&goto=newpost

Hope these help!!! If you want, PM before Thanksgiving and we'll see if we can set something up!!!! :chat:

Hi Cathy !

I am a 50 year old solo traveler. I arrive at WDW and check into The Swan on Dec 5th. That is also my Epcot Day.
I have already planned for Saturday the 6th to be my MK day.

It would be wonderful to meet for breakfast, lunch, or dinner on the 6th. Seeing that you will be at the BC, and I will be only at The Swan, we could easily meet at The Swan, or Cape May buffet at the BC, or Yacht Club galley for a buffet breakfast. ( My favorite time for a big breakfast is 9 ish )

Let me know

Hello Claudia -

We are nearly neighbors - I am at the Beach Club. Epcot on the 5th and Magic Kingdom (with new fireworks, parades, etc) on Saturday was also on my schedule. Why don't you stop at the Beach Club and pick me up on the way to Epcot!!!!!

Travelin -

I have already said "I do" for the get together on Sunday at OKW and I'll checkout the information you left for me.

This solo trip sounds like it could be THE BEST ever!

I am looking forward to meeting everyone!!

princess: ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter