Traveling from Brooklyn NY to Washington DC

jaye614

Mouseketeer
Am going to visit my daughter for 10 days in NY and was thinking about going up to DC for an overnight trip...has anyone ever did?

You can take Amtrak for about $100, takes close to 4 hours each way, and you are going down, not up.

I'm in a suburb outside of DC so we are always going TO New York. Most people I know take the MegaBus or Bolt Bus (there are others). They run about $25 each way and take about 5.5 hours. Sometimes less, sometimes more depending on traffic. Overnight and two ways of driving might not give you enough time though. What kind of information are you looking for?

I live in Brooklyn and drove down to DC ,it can take around 4 hours or so. I hit a lot of traffic, so it took longer. An overnight might not be enough time to enjoy the city. Amtrak is also an option so are buses from the city (Manhattan) to go back and forth.

DC is south of Brooklyn. I'd highly recommend Amtrak. Traffic can be horrible on 95 and the DC beltway.

We go to DC from NJ frequently and have had an hour or 2 added to the trip because of traffic.

The plus side of amtrak is that union station in dc is beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter