Traveling from WDW to Universal with 5yr old and 8.5 month

lilouisianagal

Mouseketeer
Short version: How to get from WDW to universal and back safely with baby? Aka what do I do with the car seat?

Details: Not sure whether to put this in here or universal page, but it’s much more kid related. We are planning a Thanksgiving trip with out 5 yr old and 8.5 month old along with DH and my parents. All adults are WDW veterans and have done universal a LONG time ago (+20 yrs). 3/4 of the adults are big Harry Potter fans (and the 5 year old really likes), so we would really like to do Wizarding world while we are in the area (next trip will probably be a Disney Cruise in two years without my parents). We will probably be staying at Caribbean Beach. Normally we fly in and use ME for airport and Disney transport on property. We do plan on getting baby a plane seat and bringing her car seat. I know we could rent a car, but that seems like a time suck/hassle/major cost if we can avoid it. I see a lot of people do cab or Uber/Lyft or Tony Hinds (???) but what the heck would we do with her car seat during the day?

You could try contacting Mears, they have cabs with car seats. There may be some UberFamily cars still floating around.

You might also want to cross post on the transportation boards. Those people know a lot.

We used mears last year to get from Disney to Seaworld. We reserved a private suv and they did not charge extra for car seats. I was able to get a booster for my 5 year old and convertible car seat for my 3 year old. Then you can leave your car seat in your hotel and not worry about it all day. We had great service from Mears and I am planning to use them this next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!