Traveling through airport security

Julie Thanks for the quick response! I have a few last minute errands to run so I think I'll stop and pick some up.
Am I correct in asuming you use them in the place where you would usually put the suitcase lock? You don't buy ones long enough to wrap around you whole suitcase do you?

Cheryl

cheryl.........most zippers have a hole in them that you can thread the zip tie through to another zipper or handle, or d ring. If you get zip ties that are thin, you can cut them with fingernail clippers if necessary. Just make sure that what you take to cut them is accessible, either in a carry-on or in a front (unziptied) pocket of a checked bag.

Right... they're small and go where you'd normally put a small luggage lock. I just took some out that I have and they're about 8 inches long and 1/8 inch wide. These came in a bag of 100 and were a couple of bucks, if I remember correctly.

Julie

Thanks for the helpful tips. I was a little nervous flying with my luggage unlocked but if I can use the ties I'll feel more comfortable. I have nothing to hide but I also have nothing that I want to loose. Happy flying and sailing!!

Brian - first of all thanks for the clarification. I know you have little control over any of the rules, and for the most part, my travels go very smoothly. I wish I could travel in tennies and w/o a carry on but alas my sneakers look bad with my suits and I don't think it's too prudent to check my laptop, although I wish I could. :D I just empty my bag & take my shoes off (and pray that there are no slushy puddles). I have been only been randomly searched about 10x since 9/11 and given I've taken maybe 125 flights since then, it's no problem for me.

With respect to zip ties, DCL made these available on the night before debarkation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter