traveling to Disney

mtnminnie

Mouseketeer
Looking for a really nice spot and the KOA's don't seem to be getting great reviews. Will most likely spend a day or two in Georgia, maybe SC, or the tip of Florida. Would like a pool, fun place for the kids to hang out and ride bikes, some shade....and then we will head on down to the Fort. Any suggestions?

Okay here is my 2 cents.
In SC we are really looking forward to our up-coming stay in Camp Lake Jasper in Hardeeville exit 33 off 95. Camp LJ has nothing but good to great reviews on Good Sam site. Their trip planner says it is approx. 310 miles from there to the Fort. In all honesty we have not stayed there. Last year we had spoken to them about making a reservation and were advised we didn't need one based on when we wanted to stay. They did take my name and contact number and pencil me in for a site near their dog park ( we have 2 pups less than 1 year old at the time so need to let them run around) When a serious problem occurred on our way down and we decided that since all repair stations were giving a a 2 week out appointment for the repair we decided the best thing we could do was cancel and re book the trip. The next day they were calling me to make sure we were okay.
In Fla. if we go that far for day 2 we like Flamingo Lake CG outside of Jacksonville. This is approx. 165 miles to The Fort. There is a wally World very nearby. They have a pool and in season allow the on property lake for swimming. They also have a restaurant open for B/L/D at reasonable prices. We have stayed here in the past and plan to do so in the future

We have stayed at Green Acres in SC, nice for a quick overnight stay right off the highway. Last year and this year we will be staying at the KOA in GA located at exit 1.

You are very welcome minnie in My case it's just trying to be a good Boy Scout doing a Good Deed Daily. For PAHunter however the saying " That's just what hero's do ma'am " would be highly appropriate.

Looking for a really nice spot and the KOA's don't seem to be getting great reviews. Will most likely spend a day or two in Georgia, maybe SC, or the tip of Florida. Would like a pool, fun place for the kids to hang out and ride bikes, some shade....and then we will head on down to the Fort. Any suggestions?

Savannah South KOA looks like it has good reviews: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Re..._South_KOA-Richmond_Hill_Georgia.html#REVIEWS - maybe worth reading some to see if this park is any different than your past KOA experiences.

We are not fond of KOA's in general either, but we have stayed a few times at the one mentioned above and were very pleased. We've always been 'in & out' so don't know about most of the amenities. There is a lake there with beautiful black swans though.

Okay here is my 2 cents.
In SC we are really looking forward to our up-coming stay in Camp Lake Jasper in Hardeeville exit 33 off 95. Camp LJ has nothing but good to great reviews on Good Sam site. Their trip planner says it is approx. 310 miles from there to the Fort. In all honesty we have not stayed there. Last year we had spoken to them about making a reservation and were advised we didn't need one based on when we wanted to stay. They did take my name and contact number and pencil me in for a site near their dog park ( we have 2 pups less than 1 year old at the time so need to let them run around) When a serious problem occurred on our way down and we decided that since all repair stations were giving a a 2 week out appointment for the repair we decided the best thing we could do was cancel and re book the trip. The next day they were calling me to make sure we were okay.
In Fla. if we go that far for day 2 we like Flamingo Lake CG outside of Jacksonville. This is approx. 165 miles to The Fort. There is a wally World very nearby. They have a pool and in season allow the on property lake for swimming. They also have a restaurant open for B/L/D at reasonable prices. We have stayed here in the past and plan to do so in the future

Do you happen to know if Camp Lake Jasper accommodates tent camping? It looks really nice and we would love to stay there on our way down!

Frozen I checked and according to GS website No Tent camping but here is office phone number it might be worth a call 843-784-5200. If they don't accept tent campers they might make a recommendation for a CG in the area that does You won't know unless you try I will make another recommendation of a place I would AVOID at all costs. Santee Lakes CG We stayed one night and that was 3 nights too many

We have stayed at Savannah South several times on our way down and back. We currently have a pop-up, so we reserve a cabin for the night.

I will make another recommendation of a place I would AVOID at all costs. Santee Lakes CG We stayed one night and that was 3 nights too many

We have stayed there a few times, just to have a 'spot' for the night, and I agree, it's a very minimal CG. They have recently been doing some renovations (it's a state CG) but not sure to what extent - the roads are all huge pot holes, and no attempts at making level sites. :(
Dh & I call it a 'fisher's camp' period!! It 'could' be a beautiful CG though!

We have stayed there a few times, just to have a 'spot' for the night, and I agree, it's a very minimal CG. They have recently been doing some renovations (it's a state CG) but not sure to what extent - the roads are all huge pot holes, and no attempts at making level sites. :(
Dh & I call it a 'fisher's camp' period!! It 'could' be a beautiful CG though!
NOM we stayed overnight in Jan 2015 on our way home. We found road conditions poor and signage for them very confusing. Had we not been assigned a site near the "BATH/LAUNDRY" I am not sure I would have found (we didn't arrive till after dark) s site number was on gray electrical post in black letters midway up the site. Our site was on a 10 degree upward slope. Year round residents had "STUFF" (Vehicles, Boats, Golf Carts and parts ) all over. Yes it has potential but from what we saw it would take a lot of time and work to warrant the Good Sam rating of 7 they had. My wife calls them Prepperville and promises to harm me if I even consider them again. She would prefer a CG with minimal amenities (Water and electric) that is cleaner and better maintained

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter