Travelling to and from DLP

suprgrlx

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

We're travelling from Paris (near Gare de Lyon) to DLP on our arrival day and then from DLP to CDG (actually an airport hotel) on our departure day.

Our current plan is to take the RER A to Disney, and then the TGV back to the airport. There are three of us (two adults, one child) and we'll have luggage. Does this plan make sense? If so, do we need to prebook the TGV (assuming we don't have to for the RER). Will either of these be too difficult with luggage?

Yes, prebook TGV, just get a ticket from the machine for the RER.
Like with everything, with a small carry-on, it's easy to move around. If you have big suitcase, it's more difficult but in my opinion still very manageable, there are elevators and/or escalators everywhere. If you only see normal stairs, look at the signs down the platform for the elevator or escalator.

Not sure the current status is, but there used to be a cheaper fare for the TGV, available only at the train status, that would not get you a seat (but since the trip is 10 minutes long, it's not that an inconvenience).

Lately, the SNCF website only lists fares with an assigned seat (which is fine, albeit more expensive).

Not sure the current status is, but there used to be a cheaper fare for the TGV, available only at the train status, that would not get you a seat (but since the trip is 10 minutes long, it's not that an inconvenience).

Lately, the SNCF website only lists fares with an assigned seat (which is fine, albeit more expensive).
Last September I was able to buy a 'stand only'-ticket at the counter at Chessy. So not very recent, but worth asking for in case something happens and you can only buy your ticket at the counter.

Last September I was able to buy a 'stand only'-ticket at the counter at Chessy. So not very recent, but worth asking for in case something happens and you can only buy your ticket at the counter.

Thanks for the update. I remember such tickets were available online as early at that time, and as early at February this year. They might still be available at the train stations, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!