Travelling to DLP by Plane

Bexx

DIS Veteran
The following airlines fly to Paris from various UK and Irish Airports

Aer Lingus, Air France, British Airways, easyJet, flybe, Jet2.com, Ryanair

CHARLES DE GAULLE (CDG) Airport

Charles de Gaulle is located 56 km northwest of DLRP and 23 km northeast of Paris.

Detailed Maps of each terminal

There are various options for travelling between the airport and Disneyland Paris

The VEA is the scheduled shuttle service that leaves approximately every half hour. You can pre-book online or pay on the day. Please note, credit cards no longer seem to be accepted, so cash is the best option.

The TGV can be the quicker way to get to the resort. You can pre book your tickets on these websites - Rail Europe, Voyages-sncf and UK TGV

Use the CDGVAL light rail to reach the TGV station from the terminal you land at. After exiting the CDGVAL you go down 2 levels to the TGV station (3 levels from the shuttle bus) - all well signposted.

There are also Shuttle buses servicing Terminals 2 A-F and Terminal 2G. Orientation and walking distances for Terminal 2 can be found here

If you haven't prebooked you can buy your ticket from the ticket office on your right or from the automatic machines, which are also in English, and take credit/debit cards.

The information board tells you which platform to go to and you have to punch your ticket in the orange machines before you go down one more level to board the train. The signs on the platform tell you the number of the train and what time it is due. The train takes approx 12 minutes and you get off at the first stop - Marne la Vallee Chessy. Have a look at this article for more advice

Not sure whether the VEA or the TGV would be more suitable for you? Have a look at this thread for a comparison between the two.

You can also rent a car, take a taxi or book a private shuttle - see links below.

ORLY Airport

Orly is located 50 km southwest of DLRP and 12 km south of Paris.

Detailed maps of each terminal

The VEA shuttle also runs between here and DLP. Or you can rent a car or book a private shuttle

You can also use the Metro (Orlyval) which connects the airport with the city of Paris. Just follow the signs leading you to the Orlyval Metro station, where you board a train that takes you to the RER-station "Antony" ~ From here take the RER Line B in the direction of either "Mitry-Claye" or "Airport Charles de Gaulle". ~ Exit the train at the station "Chatelet Les Halles" and change onto the RER Line A travelling in the direction "Marne-la-Vallée Chessy" which is also your chosen stop.

BEAUVAIS Airport

Beauvais Airport is located 125 km northwest of DLRP and 56 km northwest of Paris.

The transport options from here include booking a private shuttle or renting a car. The journey takes approx. 90 minutes.

The VEA shuttle now runs a very limited service between Beauvais and DLP. It also stops at CDG Terminals 2 E and F on the way and the whole journey takes approx 2 and a half hours.

You can also take the bus from the airport to Paris "Porte Maillot" ~ Then from "Porte Maillot" take the Metro* line 1 (in the direction of "Chateau de Vincennes") just a couple of stops to the station "Charles de Gaulle Etoile" ~ And from here take the RER A (in the direction of "Marne La Vallee Chessy") to the last stop, which is "Marne La Vallee Chessy"

Private shuttle companies

AlwaysShuttle, Beauvais Airport Shuttle, BS Transports, Euro City shuttle, Eurominibus, Ezyshuttle, Greyshuttle, Paris Airport Car Service, Paris Airport Shuttle, Paris Blue Airport Shuttle, Parishuttle, RS Transports and TioShuttle

Don't forget to check about added charges for extra people, or early or late transfers

Car hire companies

Alamo, Auto Europe, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Nationalcar and Sixt

Metro and RER

Paris transport maps

RER and Metro information

*Please remember to take all precautions against pickpockets when traveling by public transportation. See this thread for security tips.*

This will be a work in constant progress!!! I'm not sure if all of the links are working or if it's just my PC? :badpc: If there's anything you would like me to add, please let me know - information about travelling from the other parts of Europe and the US would be great. I'm also planning to do more threads for other modes of transport and then I would like to put them altogether as a sticky. :)

Thank you very much for this. It is great. We will take a flight on Friday. And I am still a little bitt confused. But you helped me a lot. I think we will take the VEA from CDG to DLRP, and on our way back we will take the TGV from DLRP to CDG. :flower2:

Becky this is great information :)
Would it be useful to add information about hire car companies for those picking one up from the airport?

Cyrano said:
Would it be useful to add information about hire car companies for those picking one up from the airport?

More than happy to add them in - if you'll find out the links for me Reid! ;)

Great job Bexx!!! Just a tip concerning the TGV. It is more pratical to walk to the TGV station from terminals 2C,2D,2E, and 2F as they are directly connected to the TGV terminal by indoor walkways and provide elevators and escalators down to the ticketing area. The shuttle is more of a chore when going from those terminals.

Bexx said:
More than happy to add them in - if you'll find out the links for me Reid! ;)
No problem I should still have my notes from last years holiday planning :goodvibes

Wow what a great new thread! Must have taken a lot of work!

I'm sure this will be one of the most used threads it covers so much . You're a star Bexx ! :grouphug:

Thanks for your kind comments, which I feel I deserve a bit more now - because the links actually work!!!!! :teeth:

Some cobbled together info on travelling by train will be posted up in the next day or so!!!

This thread is really looking good, Becky, it is going to be so useful for planning, especially for first-timers. :goodvibes

Hi Bexx

Air-Scotland have discontinued their flight to CDG at present. They may reinstate it nearer the end of the year.

Thank you Angela - that's very helpful! :thumbsup2 Wouldn't want to lead people off on a wild goose chase!!!

Hi Bexx,

Thought you might like to add this to your "Travelling to DLP by Plane" thread. It's a google map of Porte Maillot showing how to get from the bus "park" (for busses arriving from Beauvais) to Porte Maillot metro station (also gives directions for onward travel to DLP).

hotelsreviewed.com/paris-porte-maillot-bus-metro.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter