Travelling to MCO from Dublin

fitbit40

Earning My Ears
Hiya everyone. Have been to Orlando a few times but always flown from Manchester. Thinking of flying from Dublin on our next trip. Has anyone done this ? Any advice welcomed

We have. We stayed the night before in a hotel at Dublin airport just to be on the safe side. It's great that you get to clear customs at Dublin airport. Are you travelling back to England on your return? We weren't too keen on this as we were really tired and had to hang around for about four hours before our connecting flight. Make sure you leave enough time for this in case of delays from MCO.

Thank you for replying. We are returning to the UK on our return. Flying from Dublin is a bit cheaper but never been to that airport so a bit concerned. Still musing it over lol. Thanks again for the reply

Dublin airport is great. There's plenty of shops and good places to eat. As I said before, the real advantage is the ability to clear USA customs. It's fabulous when you land at MCO and can walk straight through to collect your bags. Aer Lingus are also a good airline. We flew in their buisness cabin as we managed to grab a great deal but I've also heard good things about their economy cabin. I wouldn't have any hesitation in using them again. We frequently use Dublin as a starting point if it makes our trip cheaper.

We live in Cork . We take bus to Dublin Airport ... Check in .... Go through Security & Passport

Then Meet up with Passengers from UK .. who have landed & made their way to Departures

via transfer walkway ( 10 min walk ) ( Passport Check )

NOW you are in Duty Free area for travel outside of EU. ( BUY Stuff for USA )

NEXT have breakfast ....... THEN ...... WALK downstairs ( Or Lift ) to Customs & USA PRE Clearance

Fill in Customs Form ....... go in line for USA Immigration ..... IF " All Clear " you

are " on your way " to Departure Gate ..... & you Arrive in MCO as a Domestic Passenger.

NO Immigration or customs .... go straight to baggage claim via Monorail

NOTE ..... Check in your Luggage right through from Departure Airport

We are big fans of Aer Lingus & flying from Dublin via Heathrow.
If you book your flights far enough ahead there are usually some great deals to be had for business class.
We head off to the States on Wednesday for a few days in New Orleans before getting to Orlando on Sunday, flying BA Club World this time but really wish we were going with Aer Lingus as we prefer their business class & the customs & immigration pre-clearance in Dublin is fantastic.

Have done this route Nancy tines, as it’s cheaper and easier than going down to London.
Fly over from Birmingham the night before (cheaper than booking a through ticket)
Stay overnight in the Premier Inn a 2 Euro return bus.
At Dublin it’s easy to get to the checking desks and the big benefit is you go through US boarder and Customs at the airport, so you arrive into Orlando as a local flight, go to tge carrousel, pick up your bags and off you go.

Dublin Airport is v good and the pre clearance very quick.
Only thing that puts me off is the potential wait for the connector coming back, for us it's up to 4-5 hours, so my wife only does it if prices much cheaper than direct. Next summer hols, Thomas Cook direct was cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!