• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Treasures of the Vatican...

sconnell

DIS Veteran
This was such an interesting segment to me...
I just wanted to say that it's really not that unusual for the art to be "close enough to touch." I was SOO surprised when I visited the Louvre to see these famous paintings out in the open. I do remember some being under glass, like the Mona Lisa, but others were not.

I would love to see this exhibit however we won't be in Florida before it closes and the only other cities on the tour are Cleveland and St. Paul. I guess I'll just have to plan an Italy trip to see it in person! :thumbsup2

I would love to see this exhibit however we won't be in Florida before it closes and the only other cities on the tour are Cleveland and St. Paul. I guess I'll just have to plan an Italy trip to see it in person! :thumbsup2

That sounds like a good plan! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

It would be sooo much better in Rome.....

And only because...you'd be in Rome.

as I write this, I'm stuck in 5 o'clock traffic on 275N heading back from the Vatican Spendors exibit. It took about an hour and a half to walk through due impart to the shear volume of people.

Kevin was right on in saying some of the stuff you can just browse by but some of the pieces stop you dead in your tracks!

The history is fascinating and I learned a lot more than I thought I would even without the audio tour.

So I turn corner after corner walking though a progression of time until I get to the last turn and am facing a ...gift shop and I thought "Oh I must be at Disney!" and the prices weren't far off either.

Anyway thank you all for doing that segment, I listened to it on my drive down to Florida yesterday and knew I had to check it out.

Via iPhone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter