Tree Limin' adventure on St. Thomas vs. Canopy Zipline Tour on Tortola

Amandine

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done both, and if so, would you recommend one over the other? We're trying to decide which one to try :)

I haven't done the Tortola one, but our family loved the Tree Limin' one in St Thomas. The staff members were entertaining!

Last edited:
We haven't done the Tortola one either, but really did enjoy the Tree Limin' in St. Thomas. The views were fantastic, the staff was fun and helpful and on the ride to the zip lining excursion our driver pulled over at a scenic view spot where we got to take pictures of the ship in port. <3 Highly recommend it!

Can I piggy back a question.... my (older and not active) mother wants to join us on our excursions. Is there a way for her to watch us do the ziplining and not participate? I'm assuming there is not a sep price for an observer only excursion. I'd hate to have her pay $120 just to ride the shuttle bus and wait for us to zipline. Has anyone done a this with one member of your party?

There wouldn't be a way to watch your group, other than the first and last ziplines, but maybe ask if she could go and wait without paying full price. She could take a book or magazine and read while she waits.

There are picnic tables there (At Tree Limin') and a small gift shop with trinkets and snacks so if she'd want to go and read a book it wouldn't be terrible, but there's really no way for her to watch, as previous posters said, with the exception of maybe the first and the last zip line.

12646795_10100451842111653_7582550556622891789_o.jpg

Didn't do the zipline in Tortola but this is from Tree Limin' in St. Thomas. One of my favorite pictures from our cruise. Beautiful views up there!

We did Canopy Zipline in Tortola. It was ok. The weather was threatening rain, so we were seriously rushed. Id say after we were set up with equipment, we were all done with the ziplines in 30 to 40 minutes. We got back just before the rain ensued. Then we stood around for an hour waiting for them to bring us back to the ship. We did get to take pictures with a great view. They drove us around a bit on the way back to see the island.The views were amazing, and the staff was great, but i have been hesitant to zipline anywhere else since this experience, as i felt it wasn't worth it. The whole family felt the same, i would say. It may have been my own fault, as my expectations were set higher. I can't say it was a bad time, just felt it should have been more.

But, you guys are making me want to try the lines in St. Thomas....

We are so interested in doing this but I wonder how it looks now without the trees. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!