Trees blocking view of lagoon at Grand Floridian Boca Chica?

MBatts23

Earning My Ears
Have heard conflicting reports that some trees were removed along the lagoon in front of Boca Chica at the Grand Floridian. Can anyone confirm? We have a lagoon view outer building booked and wondering what we should request. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I hope they didn't cut them down. The trees that are there surely were not obstructing the view. Every lagoon view room in Boca Chica can see the lagoon just fine.

8133_sm.jpg

We stayed in Boca Chica this fall and were upgraded to a lagoon view. It was more like a theme park view, it was amazing. I just checked my pictures and it seems like you can actually see where 2 trees were removed. My guess would be most lagoon views in that building are not obstructed.

I sure hope not, it looks great with the trees there, plus they add a lot of shade and attract birds etc. It would be very sad if they removed any trees just because some customers whined about them blocking "some" of the view. Pics from our room in Boca Chica

This was taken with my zoom lens from our balcony

I sure hope not, it looks great with the trees there, plus they add a lot of shade and attract birds etc. It would be very sad if they removed any trees just because some customers whined about them blocking "some" of the view. Pics from our room in Boca Chica

View attachment 409304

View attachment 409307

View attachment 409309
View attachment 409310
View attachment 409311
View attachment 409312
Thanks for the pics. When were they taken and do you you remember the room number or floor?

We stayed in Boca Chica this fall and were upgraded to a lagoon view. It was more like a theme park view, it was amazing. I just checked my pictures and it seems like you can actually see where 2 trees were removed. My guess would be most lagoon views in that building are not obstructed.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

View attachment 409304

View attachment 409307

View attachment 409309
View attachment 409310
View attachment 409311
View attachment 409312
I think the issue was more of people who paid for a theme park view room were having the view blocked by trees, not the lagoon views. This happened to us a couple of years ago and I requested they move our room. Over the holidays paying about $100 a night for an obstructed view through trees wasn’t acceptable. I wonder now though if they’ve classified more rooms as theme park views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!