Tri Circle D Ranch

carlbarry

DIS Veteran
I just read that the Tri Circle D Ranch is going to be demolished to make way for Reflections.
I enjoy walking over there from Wilderness Lodge.
Where will they keep the horses if the ranch is gone?

Where the ranch currently sits now... it will be part of the huge parking lot they’re putting in.

Where the ranch currently sits now... it will be part of the huge parking lot they’re putting in.
Yes but they will be building a new barn for the horses as they have to live somewhere. No word if it will be open to the public like Tri Circle D.

Yes but they will be building a new barn for the horses as they have to live somewhere. No word if it will be open to the public like Tri Circle D.

From what I know... the new stables will be across the street from the pioneer hall bus stop. That area for the new stables is already fully fenced off for construction.

From what I know... the new stables will be across the street from the pioneer hall bus stop. That area for the new stables is already fully fenced off for construction.
Is that the bus stop that one passes at the end of the nature trail as one enters the Ft. Wilderness property?

Man, I hadn't considered how the new resort is going to impact the Cabins. Now that I have seen this, though, I can't help but think that's really gonna suck the aesthetic of the Settlement Post/HDDMR section of the cabins right out. I hope they do a good job of separating the new resort from the cabin "marketplace" to avoid this.

Is that the bus stop that one passes at the end of the nature trail as one enters the Ft. Wilderness property?
It’s the pioneer hall/boat launch/trails end main bus stop... the ranch is basically moving across the street from where it stands now.

Martin on WDWMagic says to expect a new pioneer hall. So read into that what you will. Here is another image of the plans.

1557235643945.png

Man, I hadn't considered how the new resort is going to impact the Cabins. Now that I have seen this, though, I can't help but think that's really gonna suck the aesthetic of the Settlement Post/HDDMR section of the cabins right out. I hope they do a good job of separating the new resort from the cabin "marketplace" to avoid this.
There’s other posts on the dis where I discuss the giant layout for the new resort “reflections”. One of the wings is butt up against pioneer hall, the “hoop dee doo” venue. The parking lot for reflections is almost twice the size of the wilderness lodge parking lot and encompasses all the ranch area and spreads westward. Currently there is construction fencing up that only tell half the story. I know this post is about the ranch but one might notice the construction steak markers up by the beach area and children’s play area too. Be forewarned that area will be no more.

Martin on WDWMagic says to expect a new pioneer hall. So read into that what you will. Here is another image of the plans.

View attachment 399309
Yay! Finally!!!! I have even more detailed plans that I can’t share, but that will basically cover it! Thank you thank you for posting that!!!! I’ve been trying to explain this for months!!!!

The size of this thing is all encompassing! I’ve been trying to explain that the pioneer hall area will not be “pioneer” anymore, which is so so sad. As a kid, my family used to stay in the airstreams they had, so this transition is gross to me. It always felt like an extension of frontier land and now they’re going for a more modern contemporary natural vibe. For the last 4 years, since I moved here, every New Years we do Hoop Dee Doo and go the beach area, which is a controlled madness of many different people. Good times! I’m not sure how the high end folks at Reflections and the down home nature of Ft Wilderness are going to mix it up. It will be an interesting feat to observe. I have a feeling this new resort is chaos waiting to happen. Hahaha!
I’m not sure why and what Disney was thinking. Was it “Frontierland is so old school lets get rid of it?”... or is it “no one cares about the old west thing”... or better yet “ you know , Ft Wilderness is a waste of space and money and those people really don’t fit the mold of our money grab philosophy! So who cares about it!”
My bet is on the last statement.

The size of this thing is all encompassing! I’ve been trying to explain that the pioneer hall area will not be “pioneer” anymore, which is so so sad. As a kid, my family used to stay in the airstreams they had, so this transition is gross to me. It always felt like an extension of frontier land and now they’re going for a more modern contemporary natural vibe. For the last 4 years, since I moved here, every New Years we do Hoop Dee Doo and go the beach area, which is a controlled madness of many different people. Good times! I’m not sure how the high end folks at Reflections and the down home nature of Ft Wilderness are going to mix it up. It will be an interesting feat to observe. I have a feeling this new resort is chaos waiting to happen. Hahaha!
I’m not sure why and what Disney was thinking. Was it “Frontierland is so old school lets get rid of it?”... or is it “no one cares about the old west thing”... or better yet “ you know , Ft Wilderness is a waste of space and money and those people really don’t fit the mold of our money grab philosophy! So who cares about it!”
My bet is on the last statement.
What gives me hope is the expansion of the beach towards the other side of the boat dock. It seems like an effort to replace the beach for Fort use.

The plans posted here and in the camping thread don’t seem to show the replacement Pioneer Hall nor any other work in the Fort Wilderness side of the limits of construction. I imagine it is a seperate permit. Have those plans been posted anywhere? Are their submitted plans only available through a public records request?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter