Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

HomerHog

Mouseketeer
There is a whole thread dedicated to the pros/cons of the program expected to launch tomorrow.

Does anyone have any details on the logistics? I'm not here to debate the righteousness of it, just the mechanics that we have not seen fully disclosed yet.

We have a qualifying DVC stay coming up that I am trying to weigh if it is "worth it" to us. We are in a time crunch because our stay is 65 days away, so we need to jump right in on this to have any booking advantage at all.

For example, on our Epcot day, the Frozen Dessert Party will cost $316 for Illuminations, FEA, and not so great desserts. $200 for Illuminations, FEA, and 2 more FP+ is a much better deal for that one day.

In some other cases, it could be really difficult to book 6 FP+ that are of value.

The two big questions I will have to answer before deciding will be:

1. I understand that you can't book multiple FP+ for the same ride with the purchased FP+. Can the purchased FP+ and our free 60-day FP+ overlap times or duplicate rides? In the Epcot example, if we book Soarin', TT, and FEA with the purchased FP and get viewing area for Illuminations, there is no other Tier 1 to book with our regular FP+ at 60 days.

2. Will the days have to be used consecutively? If so, this would likely be a deal breaker for us as there are not 3 consecutive days in our trip that we need it. If we can spread out 3 days throughout the week, it could be very beneficial.

There is a whole thread dedicated to the pros/cons of the program expected to launch tomorrow.

Does anyone have any details on the logistics? I'm not here to debate the righteousness of it, just the mechanics that we have not seen fully disclosed yet.

We have a qualifying DVC stay coming up that I am trying to weigh if it is "worth it" to us. We are in a time crunch because our stay is 65 days away, so we need to jump right in on this to have any booking advantage at all.

For example, on our Epcot day, the Frozen Dessert Party will cost $316 for Illuminations, FEA, and not so great desserts. $200 for Illuminations, FEA, and 2 more FP+ is a much better deal for that one day.

In some other cases, it could be really difficult to book 6 FP+ that are of value.

1. I understand that you can't book multiple FP+ for the same ride with the purchased FP+. Can the purchased FP+ and our free 60-day FP+ overlap times or duplicate rides? In the Epcot example, if we book Soarin', TT, and FEA with the purchased FP and get viewing area for Illuminations, there is no other Tier 1 to book with our regular FP+ at 60 days.

2. Will the days have to be used consecutively? If so, this would likely be a deal breaker for us as there are not 3 consecutive days in our trip that we need it. If we can spread out 3 days throughout the week, it could be very beneficial.
1. It is my understanding that you can book FPs between parks with these. So you could do 3 at Epcot and 3 at HS in the same day, for example.
2. Probably yes.

FWIW, there’s been a lot of similar discussion on the CL thread. More questions than answers at this point for sure.

Tomorrow is the first day this is bookable with DSS (Disney Signature Services), so I think we’ll start to get a bit more quality info pretty soon.

This is what the FP FAQ is for, exactly. As details become known, I will update it.

Do we even know that you can do fewer days than your entire trip or will it have to be length of stay?

1) I was told no over lapping of time/rides on the 6, but not sure in practice as these are considered separate entities.

2) They do not have to be conservative. You can spread them out however you would like. I was told to be creative by the phone CM.

Would like to keep this thread for discussing strategies on how best to use the extra CL FP if you decide to purchase them. There are plenty of other threads discussing the pros and cons of doing this.

Obviously it is brand new so no one has any experience with it. But knowing what we do know at this point how do you think it is best to use the extra fastpasses? Seems to me that not having to worry about the Tier system and doing other parks with them gives greater flexibility for scheduling.

But would people suggest using these three in the afternoon and have the regular FP in the morning which would allow you to choose and extra FP later that day? Perhaps discuss strategies in which you park hop.

It will be interesting to hear the different strategies. Thanks

I can book this next week for my April stay. My plan is to book the 3 regular FPs in the mornings, plus 1 extra FP right after those so I'll try for 12:30ish for extra #1. Then I'll book extras 2 and 3 at our night park.

This actually will help us use CL offerings more because I will now cancel our EMM and 2 PPO breakfasts.

We are a young family and in our next trip our kids will be 2 and 4. The 4 year old will be over 44” and loves thrill rides. We use rider switch often, so FPs tend to take us a lot longer then a lot of groups. We are typically in the parks around 9 and leave no later than 1:30 including a table service lunch around 11:30. We return to our room for several hours for naps. Then we will park hop with a QS dinner. This program will help with our touring style. My plan is to schedule my three normal FPs in the morning at 9, 10, 11 and one of the extras on another tier one in the tiered parks. I will then have the two additional scheduled for 5 and 6 in our afternoon park and will hope to pick up a decent 4th for 7 and schedule the evening show in that park.

Example on our Epcot day

PPO GG (We love it here)
Rope drop Soarin
9 am Normal FP Character Spot
Nemo Pavilion
10 am Normal FP Figment
11 am Normal FP TT
Lunch in Mexico
12:30 CL FP FEA
Meet Anna Elsa
If time explore some pavilions
Back to room
5:30 CL FP Slinky Coaster
6:30 CL FP other Toy Story ride
7:30 hope to pull Toy Story Mania or Star Tours
9:00 Fantasmic! Seating

This assumes that it’s still going on this summer and Toy Story opens early in the summer.

6:30 CL FP other Toy Story ride
7:30 hope to pull Toy Story Mania
It's obviously too soon to know, but my sense is that the new Toy Story ride (which is a routine carnival spinning ride) will not be a tougher FP to obtain than TSMM. I would use your CL FP on TSMM and hope to pull one for the "other Toy Story ride" unless TSMM is a low priority for you.

It's obviously too soon to know, but my sense is that the new Toy Story ride (which is a routine carnival spinning ride) will not be a tougher FP to obtain than TSMM. I would use your CL FP on TSMM and hope to pull one for the "other Toy Story ride" unless TSMM is a low priority for you.

I agree, and I did put it there as a maybe on my sheet (not above) and will swap out depending on what it looks like when it opens. But I do have a dumbo loving 2 year old who hates the jurkiness of Toy Story Mania and sometimes he needs a ride he likes. That is few and far between at HS. So I will have to see how it looks when the land opens.

Is anyone who booked this willing to post some MDE (website or app) screenshots? I'm specifically curious about two things:

1. How do they show up? I have heard it's a separate section. Do they show up when booking other FPs? Or only at the bottom of the reservations section?

2. If you click "view details" on the extra FPs, what options do you have? Can you 'modify' or 'change party'?

I enjoy taking full advantage of MDE & the FP system. We stay CL, so I seriously considered booking this for next week (but not allowed to book so soon) just to play around with it.

I can't answer the how do they show up question, but on the other thread it's been stated and confirmed that, for right now, you have to call in to do any changes or modifications.

I had read that too, but I'm wondering what options appear in MDE (if any). Even if the CMs are saying you have to call in, it's possible MDE has options to modify the FPs (albeit nothing may be available to modify the FP to). It sounds like a very makeshift system they cobbled together in that it uses MDE but is distinct from the FP reservation system.

FWIW, there’s been a lot of similar discussion on the CL thread. More questions than answers at this point for sure.

Tomorrow is the first day this is bookable with DSS (Disney Signature Services), so I think we’ll start to get a bit more quality info pretty soon.
I really don’t want to follow everything CL or the giant FP thread, personally. I’m interested because of a possible Poly Bungalow stay. Could you post your EXCELLENT post from that thread here? :)

http://m.baynews9.com/content/mobil...ticles/cfn/2018/1/9/disney_world_to_allo.html

My daughter sent me this. At the top it says that folks staying in club level can take advantage. Near the bottom it says something about annual pass holders staying in eligible rooms can take advantage. Do you have to be annual passholders?

By Ashley Carter, Attractions Insider
Last Updated: Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 2:42 PM EST
FacebookTwitterGoogle+EmailShare3,199

Guests staying at select Walt Disney World resorts will soon have the option of buying additional Fastpasses.

• Guests will be able to buy additional Fastpasses
  • Available to guests staying in club-level rooms
  • Option will costs $50 per person, per day
A Disney spokesperson confirmed the information with Spectrum News 13 on Tuesday.

The extra FastPass+ option will be available to club-level resort guests.

The three additional Fastpasses will cost $50 per person, per day and can be used at any park. Guests will need valid theme park admission.

A minimum three-day purchase is required for the add-on, according to Disney.

So for one guest who wants to add the option for three days, it would cost $150.

Club-level resort guests will be able to add the option after making their reservation. The additional Fastpasses can be booked 90 days in advance, instead of the usual 60 days for resort guests.

With the fastpasses, guests will get preferred viewing for nighttime spectaculars.

The add-on is available to Disney annual passholders who stay in eligible rooms.

Disney World plans to roll out the pilot program Friday.

The FastPass+ service is included free of charge with theme park admission.

I really don’t want to follow everything CL or the giant FP thread, personally. I’m interested because of a possible Poly Bungalow stay. Could you post your EXCELLENT post from that thread here? :)

@hiroMYhero linked to it above, but here it is as well: Paid CL FP+ Trial Program Info

Information is fluid and I've had to edit the post a couple of times to clarify things as we're getting more real-time info, so I'd rather not put the whole post in multiple places for now, if you don't mind.

Have any extra room for a Poly Bungalow straggler? I'll pay rent. ;)

I had read that too, but I'm wondering what options appear in MDE (if any). Even if the CMs are saying you have to call in, it's possible MDE has options to modify the FPs (albeit nothing may be available to modify the FP to). It sounds like a very makeshift system they cobbled together in that it uses MDE but is distinct from the FP reservation system.
IT has been adding this type of FP to guests’ MDX accounts for the past year or so. When Canadian tickets weren’t recognized as being valid, IT booked FPs for guests in this manner.

The FPs were ride and time specific. They could not be Modified nor changed in MDX after being issued.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!