Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Because Disney lawyers say never to put anything in writing. :)

I assumed it was along those lines, lol, but just seems a little excessive. They put things on their website that are not consistent, or they change. Ah well, just struck me odd. :)

Back to planning!!

Out of curiosity, why do you suppose DSS had to call me back to discuss CL FP, when I emailed asking a question? She said because it is a trial program, they need to call. But why?
Anyway, FP day is April 3rd, has anyone done the FP spot for Illuminations? Is it a good spot?

Yeah, they’ve been like that from the beginning - they’ll communicate very little about the program via e-mail.

(And I wouldn’t use a FP on the viewing spot, I find I can always find a reasonable spot somewhere around World Showcase with minimal effort (generally speaking).

I just called to make my CL FPs. We made them for 4 days total, and ran into a snag due to renewing APs. My AP is good until August, my DH and 2 DSs expire just before this trip, so we are not 60 days out yet to renew theirs. We all have old non expiring passes in our MDE account with varying days left, one son only had 3 days left. When the CM was making our FPs he was only able to make 3 full days for my DS because he only had that 3 day NE ticket on his account. For the 4th day he was able to make the CL FPs for that DS, but not the regular one. He told me he was able to override the system to make an extra day of the paid FPs despite not having enough ticket media in MDE, but that he couldn't do it for the regular FPs. So we have our DHS, Epcot, and DAK days completely booked, and at the MK one of my sons is missing 3 of the FPs. I'm not overly worried, because if I renew right at 60 days I think it will be a few days before our 60 day FP booking day, so I'll call DSS and have them add the 3 MK days for him. I don't expect HM, Buzz, and Space Mt to be hard to get in the mid afternoon at day 60+6 or so (at least I certainly hope).

I know I remember a few other people having problems with the 60 day renewal on APs causing issues. Were they able to book all 6 of your FPs when that was an issue, or only 3 of them? Like I said, it's not a huge deal given the FPs we need to try to pick up and the fact it is only one person. But if we hadn't had those old tickets in our accounts we would have been really at a disadvantage, with only me able to make the regular FPs at 90 days. I would just have preferred to have this all done, so if others were able to book all 6 despite having APs that were going to be expired but weren't in the renewal period yet I might try calling back in a couple of days and asking again.

This happened to us last year - DW’s AP expired over 60 days out and they couldn’t make the FPs. They eventually added a FP “key” to her account to ‘force the window open’ to be able to book. It took them awhile to work through this (a day or so).

I have also read that some people have had success calling the AP hotline and getting to someone who can renew the AP early, not sure how YMMV that is though.

This happened to us last year - DW’s AP expired over 60 days out and they couldn’t make the FPs. They eventually added a FP “key” to her account to ‘force the window open’ to be able to book. It took them awhile to work through this (a day or so).

I have also read that some people have had success calling the AP hotline and getting to someone who can renew the AP early, not sure how YMMV that is though.
Thanks for your input. I might try calling either DSS or the AP line, or I might just renew right at 60 days and try to add the 3 FPs that day since it’s only those 3 for one person. Honestly, I don’t want to spend the aggravation or time trying to figure it out when at this point it’s a 2 week difference, I think they have 74 days left on their passes and can’t you renew at 60? its just an aggravation in general to have to worry about. They need a plan for when this happens, obviously it isn’t all that uncommon.

I just called to make my CL FPs. We made them for 4 days total, and ran into a snag due to renewing APs. My AP is good until August, my DH and 2 DSs expire just before this trip, so we are not 60 days out yet to renew theirs. We all have old non expiring passes in our MDE account with varying days left, one son only had 3 days left. When the CM was making our FPs he was only able to make 3 full days for my DS because he only had that 3 day NE ticket on his account. For the 4th day he was able to make the CL FPs for that DS, but not the regular one. He told me he was able to override the system to make an extra day of the paid FPs despite not having enough ticket media in MDE, but that he couldn't do it for the regular FPs. So we have our DHS, Epcot, and DAK days completely booked, and at the MK one of my sons is missing 3 of the FPs. I'm not overly worried, because if I renew right at 60 days I think it will be a few days before our 60 day FP booking day, so I'll call DSS and have them add the 3 MK days for him. I don't expect HM, Buzz, and Space Mt to be hard to get in the mid afternoon at day 60+6 or so (at least I certainly hope).

I know I remember a few other people having problems with the 60 day renewal on APs causing issues. Were they able to book all 6 of your FPs when that was an issue, or only 3 of them? Like I said, it's not a huge deal given the FPs we need to try to pick up and the fact it is only one person. But if we hadn't had those old tickets in our accounts we would have been really at a disadvantage, with only me able to make the regular FPs at 90 days. I would just have preferred to have this all done, so if others were able to book all 6 despite having APs that were going to be expired but weren't in the renewal period yet I might try calling back in a couple of days and asking again.

I am so glad you posted this. I was wondering how it would impact us. All 3 of us (myself, DH, DS) have passes that will expire on day 3 of an 8 day trip. Oh boy

I am so glad you posted this. I was wondering how it would impact us. All 3 of us (myself, DH, DS) have passes that will expire on day 3 of an 8 day trip. Oh boy
From what the DSS CM that I had said, you will be able to book all of your paid CL FPs at 90 days but will have to wait until your 60 day renewal to do any of your regular FPs that fall on days after your APs expire. However, as GADisneyDad14 said, it seems as if others have been able to book them all, but not easily, they had to have work arounds. I don't know if the CM I had didn't know how to do this, didn't want to mess with it, or if those that have been able to do it were actually able to do something that officially shouldn't have been done, but their CMs did it regardless.

You might want to consider calling them well ahead of your 90 days and telling them your situation, to see if they can do anything about it? I don't know if that would make any difference or not, it might depend on who you talk to and how helpful they want to be. Because if they are able to help you, you might have to then use them at your 90 days as opposed to just whomever answers the DSS line, since they would then know your situation. Although at 90 days you typically have your pick of times, so a few day delay if you need it to sort things out should't matter then.

I thought I would mention one more odd thing that happened when I called to make my CL FPs. Our CL stay is my immediate family - me, my DH, DS6, DS9, DS2 and DS2. Those are the people on our CL room reservations. We made 3 days of the CL FPs with the DSS CM, and when working on the 4th day (which is when we ran into problems with the expiring APs and one son only have 3 days of NE tickets in his account to cover them) the CM mentioned something about my MIL not having enough tickets along with one son. After a couple of confusing seconds I figured out that he had made all of our FPs up until that point for me, DS6, DS9, and my MIL! She is on my MDE account because we have taken trips with her twice in the past - as are my parents and my brothers family. But she isn't going on this trip, I never mentioned her, and she isn't on our room reservations! I have no idea why he would have made the FPs for her! I told him that was incorrect, and while he remained friendly and professional he seemed to be annoyed/irritated that he was going to have to change them. For a second I felt a little bad about the extra work for him, then I remembered that I literally had done nothing to make him do it wrong, so if he was annoyed it shouldn't have been at me! he just said like 3 times how long it was going to take him to correct it, etc. It was just a little odd, not a big deal. If we hadn't run into the ticket problem I hope I would have noticed the names were wrong on the FPs in my MDE account at some point soon, and I would have had to call back to deal with it then.

ETA I just checked in MDE to make sure he did correct everything, since he didn't email me a summary like he said he would. Now all of ur CL PFs are for 5 people, my family and my MIL! The regular FPs are just for the 4 of us. Before I refreshed my MDE I saw what had been there before he changed it, and they had been really off. A few of them had one of our infants instead of someone else, and they all had my MIL. Now they are correct except for the missing 3 MK ones we can't get yet and the addition of my MIL. I checked, and we weren't charged for 5 people, so I'll call later and have her removed, assuming she isn't already and it's just a glitch still showing her. I just hope nothing more gets messed up when they do that.

Last edited:

So, I'm wondering: what is the FP+ problem with booking CLFP+ along with AP's and multiple ON SITE stays totalling >7 days less than 60 days apart? 7 day rule kicking in?

Would someone please explain its to me or please point me to where this information is posted?

TIA!

So, I'm wondering: what is the FP+ problem with booking CLFP+ along with AP's and multiple ON SITE stays totalling >7 days less than 60 days apart? 7 day rule kicking in?

Would someone please explain its to me or please point me to where this information is posted?

TIA!

Currently, the 7 day rule is kicking in even without the CL FPs. Multiple onsite stays within a 60 day period can only have a total of 7 days of FP for APs. I’ve been hit with that problem for my April YC and May YC CL stays, and even DSS has said that’s the rule. There’s a thread about it - https://www.disboards.com/threads/passholder-resort-stay-fastpass-limit.3737301/

However, before this recent glitch, CL FPs or stays at DS hotels, as well as any offsite days of FP booked, all caused the 7 day rule to kick in due to the way the FPs show up in the system.

Lets assume I've planned my 3 "regular" fastpasses earlier in the day than my 3 "club level" fastpasses. For selecting my 4th "regular" fastpass, can the time overlap with the times of my "club level" fastpass?
Thanks!

Lets assume I've planned my 3 "regular" fastpasses earlier in the day than my 3 "club level" fastpasses. For selecting my 4th "regular" fastpass, can the time overlap with the times of my "club level" fastpass?
Thanks!
No, there can’t be any overlap between any of them. My thought is CL ones first so I can then mess with the rest of them.

Thanks!

IDK if it was a glitch or something, but when we went in Feb this year we had CLFP+ booked in the afternoons, with our regular FP+ in the mornings. We were able to then book additional FP+ (4th, etc) as if the purchased CLFP+ were not even there. So, in my admittedly limited 3 day experience, we were able to overlap additional, day of, FP+, but not the original regular 3 FP+.

IDK if it was a glitch or something, but when we went in Feb this year we had CLFP+ booked in the afternoons, with our regular FP+ in the mornings. We were able to then book additional FP+ (4th, etc) as if the purchased CLFP+ were not even there. So, in my admittedly limited 3 day experience, we were able to overlap additional, day of, FP+, but not the original regular 3 FP+.
Interesting. Well, I'm certainly going to give that a try when we go in May.

I assume this was a glitch

I suspect this was a glitch as well.

There was a glitch when we were there in late February which we accidentally discovered enabled us to have 9 FP+ at a time. We learned about this when we tried to modify our regular FP+ and discovered that we couldn't. Because of that rule I don't fully understand having to do with not being able to have more than 7 FP+ at once if you're an AP holder (and there is apparently much debate about whether this is true or not), our regular FP+ were booked by Signature Services as CL FP+, which is why we weren't able to modify them. I know it sounds like a good problem to have (9 FP!) but it actually wasn't...we didn't discover the issue until our last day, and by that time we wanted to cancel what we had pre-booked and spend time at another park instead. All told it took about 2.5 hours on the phone and/or working with the CL CMs to get the problem solved. Supposedly the problem was triggered because I had two split stay trips with CL FP+ booked within 60 days of each other. Again, I admit that I don't fully understand it, but it was super frustrating in our case...but it looks like it worked out well for you, so I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the glitch and get some benefit out of it! :)

I just successfully used passes for Expedition Everest back to back without problems. The first set were regular ones and we were in the 15 min. grace period at the end, so we were also within our window for the club fastpasses. The regular passes were used first and the club passes were still there. So it is still possible to schedule back to back on the same ride.

I just successfully used passes for Expedition Everest back to back without problems. The first set were regular ones and we were in the 15 min. grace period at the end, so we were also within our window for the club fastpasses. The regular passes were used first and the club passes were still there. So it is still possible to schedule back to back on the same ride.
Interesting and good info to know. I have to admit, I would have been pretty "nervous" in that scenario, mainly because of being in the grace period that overlapped with the CL ones. My assumption would have been you would have used your CL ones first, and lost the regular ones! Glad it worked out for you!

Thanks for that info. I know people worry about booking 2 FP for the same attraction (regular and CL FP) on the same day but I wonder how this becomes discovered by a CM and when/if the second FP is cancelled. I was thinking of modifying one of my original FP selections into a repeat FP selection (second ride) on the same day while I am at the park. I can't imagine a CM discovering this and cancelling the FP on the day of. I think this would work fine for getting on Everest of Safari twice in the same day with FP. Any thoughts?

Thanks for that info. I know people worry about booking 2 FP for the same attraction (regular and CL FP) on the same day but I wonder how this becomes discovered by a CM and when/if the second FP is cancelled. I was thinking of modifying one of my original FP selections into a repeat FP selection (second ride) on the same day while I am at the park. I can't imagine a CM discovering this and cancelling the FP on the day of. I think this would work fine for getting on Everest of Safari twice in the same day with FP. Any thoughts?

When booking CLFP+ as well as regular FP+, the DSS CM would not book two experiences for the same ride so it seems like that is still a 'rule' of FP+ booking. However, I have read about people successfully modifying their regular FP+ in order to prebook a particular ride twice on the same day. I haven't done that, but what we have done is booked additional rides (4th, 5th etc) on the ride on the same day

All of that is a rather long winded way (sorry!) to say "I think that it would be fine to do this on the day of, but I would ride the previously booked experience first. Then it is the same as getting the ride through refreshing, IMO, and should be available to anyone."

Just my two cents, FWIW.

Looking back, I am guessing so. At the time, it was my first CLFP+ experience, so I thought that this was the way it worked. It was great! We were able to ride our reg FP+ early in the am in little over an hour with modifying. Then we booked reg 4th, 5th etc FP+ for the rest of the day, interspersed with the CLFP+.

WE rode lots of rides that trip! which is unusual for us as we normally are happy with 1 - 3 rides per day. It was fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter